background

Sunday, April 3, 2011

38 Weeks

2 More Weeks To Go Update!


Due date: April 16th. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this, but my doctor has my due date as the 19th, so I guess that's the "official" due date. I say the 16th because from the very first ultrasound at 9 weeks she was measuring 3 days ahead and at that time I thought they would adjust the due date, only to later find out they only adjust if they're off by 2 weeks. So I've just continued to say the 16th because it's easy for me to remember and she's always measured ahead, so we'll see when she comes!

Size of baby: Emma is the size of a watermelon again, I guess just a bigger watermelon......like an 8 lb watermelon! Another website says she's as long as a leek. I know I said last week that it definitely felt like I had a watermelon in there, but after seeing this weeks picture, I don't feel that big! I look HUGE!

How much total weight gain/loss: well at my appointment on Monday I'd gained 8.5 lbs from the last appointment, but when I went again on Friday I'd lost 2 lbs. Yes I said LOST! I know it's normal to slow down or lose in the end, but I thought for sure that wouldn't be me. I was so excited! That put me right at +50. I'm hoping I lose some more and I'll be interested to see how much I lose the first couple of weeks with all the water weight.

Maternity clothes: only non-maternity pajamas.

Movement: still lots of rolling and stretching. I think I scared her the other day! I was laying down on the couch and had one of those surprise sneezes where it moves your whole body and I promise right after I did I literally felt her jump! It was kind of funny and then I said I was sorry.

Sleep: as much as I hate sleeping apart from Tray, we're both sleeping MUCH better! I have more room to use more pillows and I've been able to fall right back to sleep after getting up. I can also take more time falling asleep so I've been reading before going to bed around 11:30, but I actually think that helps. I've read a whole book this week at night and I forgot how fun it is to read!

Latest food craving: more bananas and fruit salad. I've been mixing banana, kiwi, strawberries and clementines and that's been my lunch this week.

Are you more scared or excited: I almost had a meltdown this week, but I didn't and I've been excited.

Happy or mostly moody: just a little bit emotional.

Last time you cried over something ridiculous: I always seem to cry whenever I haven't seen Tray for awhile. He went fishing all day last Sunday and for some reason I cried when he got home.

Any pregnancy brain stories: not this week.

Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: I've been having some crazy dreams this week, but I usually forget them right away.

Worst part of the week: I've been waking up so sore in the morning from accidentally sleeping on my back and just general pain down there. Once I start walking around it goes away and I'm pretty sure it's just from all the weight on my back and hips when I'm sleeping. I finally started sleeping with a pillow between my legs even though it's annoying to turn over, but it actually helps.

Best part of the week: being able to take it easy, not as swollen and the nursery is almost done! Oh and seeing our girl was definitely a major hightlight! I've actually had a really good week overall.


Funny Story: yesterday my sister and her family came over and we had gone to Lowe's to buy some spray paint. I was doing self check out so the lady had to come over and check my ID. At first she tried to just look at me to see if I looked over 18 but then she asked for my ID. My sister said that when I was getting it out she literally and very obviously looked at my left hand. Obviously I'm not wearing my rings anymore and I'm obviously pregnant. She asked how old I was and when I said 28 she said "Oh you have a really young look!" I took that as a compliment, even though for a second she probably thought I was an unmarried teen mom!

1 comment:

Morgan Tyson said...

Aunt Mariel, I love you.(: I follow your blog everyday, haha. In school they won't let us see the pics, but as soon as I get to Nana's house I look at every pic! Emma needs to hurry and "POP" her little booty out. I need to see my new baby cousin. Tomorrow, at school, I am going to be at the edge of my chair all day. Waiting. Slowly. And if she does start comming tomorrow someone better come and get me outta school! I love you, can't wait to see you! Miss you and Uncle Tray.(:
P.S.: In the engagment picture I look horrible(: Just saying.<3