background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

40 Weeks and Due Date

Who Knows How Much Longer To Go Baby Update!


Due date: officially it's today, April 19th

Size of baby: Emma is the size of a small pumpkin.

How much total weight gain/loss: not sure, we'll see tomorrow. Last check was +49.

Maternity clothes: very much so.

Movement: she seems to have slowed down a little on some days, and other days she's as active as ever. When she pokes her foot out it feels more defined and "pokey." I found out at the last sono that she sometimes lays on her side, which totally makes sense with where I feel her feet and butt sometimes.

Sleep: still not too bad. I've been feeling a little more pain this week, but extra pillows still help. I don't want to sound selfish, but I really hope I don't go into labor in the middle of the night! I need my sleep and when I have to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night it makes me mad!

Latest food craving: more cereal.

Are you more scared or excited: it just started yesterday where if I start to think about labor and delivery, I feel butterflies in my stomach and I get nervous. I've been able to quickly push it aside and avoid a breakdown, but I know I'll probably have a couple good cries before she comes. That's just me and how I cope.

Happy or mostly moody: happy.

Last time you cried over something ridiculous: nothing that I can remember.

Any pregnancy brain stories: again, nothing that I can remember.

Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: I've had lots lately, but can't remember them. Are we sensing a theme here?

Worst part of the week: again worry has started to set in that something is going to be wrong. I've also heard a couple of stories of women who have recently passed away because of getting infections in the hospital. Not exactly what I need to hear right now. The thing that's been helping the most is taking the advice of a little picture I have in my glass cabinet. It simply says "Pray More."

Best part of the week: I had a stranger tell me "You look so pretty," as she was driving by and I was crossing the parking lot yesterday. It made me feel good and it's balanced out the multiple "are you having twins?" comments. Also, seeing a healthy Emma last week, feeling at peace for the most part and having a very supportive husband and family.

No comments: