background
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Someone's a Happy Camper
And that would be Emma! I had my weekly appointment on Friday with my first exam. I was so excited to see if I was dilated and kept thinking "what if I'm like 4 cms already!" Yeah right! Try 1/2 a cm! At least it's something, but with one week to go it doesn't seem like Emma is in a rush to come out! I still haven't felt anything besides minor cramping. I asked my doctor that since she was measuring big if she was going to let me go past my due date. She decided to do another sonogram on Wednesday to check Emma's weight and then go from there. Everything else looked good. She didn't check my belly measurement, but I didn't gain any weight either. My blood pressure is creeping up a little and it was at 134/84, but she said it still wasn't too bad either. Since all my labs came back fine last week she said just to take it easy again, which I told her that honestly I wasn't taking it that easy this past week. I wanted to get most of my work done in case I went into labor early, so now that I know Emma probably isn't coming for another week, I'll have this next week to really take it easy. Plus it's my last official week before starting my leave on the 18th. Emma's heartbeat still sounds good so now we'll just see what she looks like on Wednesday and then make a plan. When I told Tray he said that I needed to hurry up and have our baby. I told him he needed to tell that to his stubbon daughter! In all honesty we're so happy and blessed that she's still healthy and even though we're anxious to meet her, I know God has a plan for us and she'll come when it's her time. In other news, we had a special date yesterday to celebrate almost baby time and our last outing for awhile. We decided to go to Pottery Barn for some decorations, a surprise stop that Tray planned and then dinner. We got Emma a bird mirror at Pottery Barn for above the changing pad and we'll probably add more once we get all the artwork on the walls. Then we made a quick stop by Sports Authority since we had a coupon that needed to be used. After that we went to the surprise store that Tray had picked out. He didn't tell me what it was so I kept trying to guess. I thought for sure when I guessed he was taking me to a jewelry store and letting me pick out whatever I wanted that I was right! His response was "Uh, no." I should have known that already being the best Daddy in the world, it would have nothing to do with me. He found out what the best toy store in Houston was and that's where we went! They had TONS of toys, games and other stuff for kids. We had fun looking around and wondering what type of child Emma will be. Will she take after her mommy and want a rock tumbler? Or will she be like her daddy and want sports stuff? We ended up getting her a little Taggies toy for her Easter basket and then heading to dinner. We went to eat at The Taste of Texas and it definitely did not disappoint! They have the best service we've ever experienced and the food was awesome! Tray got a steak and I tried to be healthy with a steak skewer and vegetables. They also have an awesome salad and bread bar that comes with the meal. We weren't planning to get dessert because we normally don't, but since it was a celebration we did, and boy did it make us happy! We got the apple dumplings with cinnamon ice cream. I think I found a new favorite ice cream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment