background
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Still Cookin'
Just a quick update on my appointment yesterday so I don't forget all the details of these last moments of anticipation and excitedness about meeting our little one! So I went for my weekly check up with a sono to check her weight. I'm still only dilated to half a centimeter, which I started thinking about, half a centimeter?! Do you know how little that is? For all I know I could be nothing, how can she feel half a centimeter? Anyways, she did say I was softening up a little bit so at least something is happening, but just very slowly. I lost another pound and my blood pressure is hanging in there at 130/80. I saw our little one with a full bladder again and this time I saw her little ribs moving in and out, which means she's got the whole breathing thing down. Surprisingly, she's only measuring 5 more ounces than she was almost 2.5 weeks ago, so she didn't grow too much. That puts her at 7 lbs 15 ozs. My doctor said that they don't induce for big babies because chances are if you're having a big baby, you'll need a c-section anyways. She says that your body can handle up to 10lbs naturally and even if Emma's measurements were off by a pound, like bigger, she would still be under 10 lbs. She said it "feels" like I would be able to deliver a big baby naturally, so we shall see. So for now we didn't talk about inducing and she wants to see me back next Wednesday the 20th. That will be a day past my official due date, and if I make it to then, then we'll talk about inducing since I'm overdue. So for now I'm still feeling great, but still really swollen legs when I sit down for too long. I'm surprisingly at peace with the whole thing and would rather her come when she's ready than have to be induced. But as of right now my gut feeling is telling me that we'll be spending Easter in the hospital. Whenever you're ready Emma, we're all very ready to see you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment