background

Saturday, April 30, 2011

She's Here!

Emma LaRue Saunders







Born 4-27-2011 at 6:00 pm




10 lbs and 21"





We are still in the hospital and to say that this experience has been crazy and emotional would be a complete understatement! We should hopefully go home tonight and I CAN NOT WAIT to get our chunky monkey home!




Quick birth story:

~Finally admitted Tuesday (26th) night at 10:00 pm.

~Received medicine to ripen cervix and sleeping pill at 12:30 am.

~Started pitocin at 4:45 am (27th).

~Labored really well, very calm.

~Received epidural at 8:45 am at 4 cms.

~Labored really well, very calm.

~Very sleepy and starting to get a little hazy; 8 cms at 4:10 pm.

~At 5:30 pm found out I was running a fever of 100.9 and had an infection of the amniotic fluid; 7-8 cms.

~At 5:45 pm headed to OR for C-section; upset and freaking out but sooo excited to finally meet our girl!


~6:00 pm: She's here!

~After this is where it gets hard to talk about so I'll write that later, but basically she's in the NICU being monitored for 72 hours so we can ONLY see her in the NICU. We are both going to be just fine but her NICU stay is precautionary. She's definitely the biggest and healthiest baby in there and we are SOOO in love!


Our families have been amazing, especially Tray and my mom. It's so hard not being able to have family get to see her up close and hold her, but everyone has been keeping me calm and the nurses have been amazing. So far she's been a wonderful baby and I can't wait to hold her whenever I want!

No comments: