......Patience!
We get the hint Emma, so you can come out now. I had my weekly doctor's appointment yesterday, the one both my nurse and doctor hoped I wouldn't be at! I had to tell them both that Emma didn't get the memo about her birth day.
And apparently my body hasn't either because guess what folks?! I'm still only half a cm dilated and about 20% effaced! I've been that for 2 weeks and will probably continue to be that for a few more days. I guess Emma just really likes my belly. Thank goodness everything else looks good, although I did gain 2 lbs. My blood pressure was down to 124/80 and her heartbeat was where it always is, in the 140s-150s. As my doctor was feeling Emma she all of a sudden asks "how tall is your husband?" Nervously I say 6'. That's when she replies that either Emma has her legs stretched out or she's going to be long because her booty and her feet are on opposite sides of my stomach. So now we might possibly have a big and long baby!
After the checkup we decided on a plan. I had already decided on my own that if she gave me the option of being induced before or after Easter, I wanted to wait til after to give Emma the chance to come on her own. Well, she didn't even give me the option of inducing before and we both agreed that we definitely want labor to start naturally. So we set the induction date for Tuesday the 26th at 8:30pm. I got a little nervous when I saw 8:30 and asked if I would be able to sleep. She said that I would, but Tray might be uncomfortable on the hospital couch! Tuesday night they would just get my cervix ready, which yes might start contractions, but she said it would be bearable. Then Wednesday morning they would start pitocin. We're all hoping and praying that it doesn't get to that point, but if it does one of the good things is that it would be my doctor delivering me, which I've been worried about this whole time. I'm also worried that going a whole week past my due date will make her even bigger, resulting in an emergency c-section. If I'm still pregnant, I'm going in on Monday for a check up and to check her weight just so we have a little better idea of what we'll be dealing with. I'm starting to get a feeling though, like alot of other people, that it won't reach induction, but I think it might be pretty close!
So how am I handling all this? Well, I've had my little chats with Emma everyday and there's not much else I can do. I'm trying to at least walk to get the mail, but my swollen legs make that a little hard and painful. I'm still not worried about labor and delivery, but I did cry last night with Tray. I'm just so anxious to see her and to know that she is healthy and okay. I want to see those eyes looking at me and see 10 fingers and 10 toes and hear her cry. And Daddy? Well, he's always been the impatient one and I've always been the anxious one and worrier. But honestly, I knew this was coming. Why? Well, I'm not a hardcore believer in astrology but I think it's fun to know what you are and see if it "fits" you. I'm a Sagitarrius and some things fit but others are way off. Tray on the other hand is a Taurus and he totally fits. Stubborn, hard headed, independent. That's a Taurus. I realized a couple of weeks ago that Emma would be an Aries if she was born on or before her due date. Now what will she be? A Taurus.
No comments:
Post a Comment