Well I guess we didn't have an Easter baby afterall. I had an Easter basket and cute onesie with skirt ready for her, but now she'll have a "Welcome to the World" basket and a onesie that says "My First Easter"......... a year early! But the most important thing is that we are all still healthy and that is a wonderful blessing!
I had my last checkup with sonogram this morning. My blood pressure is still good at 130/80 and I gained 2.5 lbs. Emma looks great and all of her measurements have her around 40 weeks. I saw her heart beating and her breathing, which is always a beautiful sight. She didn't have a full bladder this time which made me happy because I was starting to wonder if that was alright since all the other times we've seen her she had a full bladder. She's measuring 8 lbs 7 ozs, give or take a pound. She's definitely still in position to come out! Lately she's been poking her foot out ALOT and every time she does I tell her that if she wants to come out, it's alright!
After my last appointment I tried to start labor by eating spicy foods and pineapple (one of the books I have said that pineapple helps). Hooters hot wings, crawfish, chips and salsa and some pineapple later, I obviously haven't gone into labor. My doctor said the only thing that really helped was walking, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyways. It may not have started labor, BUT I am 2 cms now!!! For the past couple of nights I've woken up a few times with mild cramps, but never really felt them during the day. Apparently those are mild contractions and they are what's helping me dilate. I never thought I'd say it, but bring on the cramps! I've still been sleeping really good though despite the cramps and daily naps.
We're still scheduled to go in tomorrow night to start induction. I still have a few things left to do but I started my leave today and Tray will be home starting tomorrow. And then hopefully we'll be meeting our baby some time Wednesday!
1 comment:
Praying for you.
Post a Comment