background

Monday, March 28, 2011

Our Big Girl

I had my doctor's appointment today and I was so glad that Tray was able to go with me. My doctor did an ultrasound to mainly check the fluid since she'd been feeling some extra and to see how big Emma is. Weeellll...looks like she'll be a big one! First off, Emma is looking healthy and everything looked good. She still saw a little extra fluid but nothing to be concerned about. She also saw her full bladder which means that she's processing fluids like she's supposed to. We didn't really get to see too much of her since she's so squished, but she's positioned just like I thought. She's head down facing back with her butt right in the middle of my belly and her feet on my upper right side. When it comes to size, she's measuring a week and 2 days ahead. So the websites say they should be 6 1/3 lbs, but not our little, I mean big one! The ultrasound is measuring 7 lbs. 10 oz! She already weighs more than her daddy did at birth! (He was 7 even.) It was cute because the doctor was like, "just look at those cheeks!" and she showed us a pic looking down on Emma from the top and you could totally see her chubby cheeks! Of course I know that the ultrasound isn't completely accurate and I've heard so many stories of people that were told they were having big babies and they weren't, but I think I'll go ahead and start lifting some weights so I can prepare my arms! Ha! I on the other hand was instructed to take it easy and I have to do a couple of tests to make sure I'm not developing anything like preeclampsia. I gained 8 and a half pounds in 2 weeks, my blood pressure was 142/74 and they found a little bit of protein in my urine sample. All of that could mean preeclampsia or it could be nothing. Just to be on the safe side I have to do a 24 hour urine collection and go back for blood work and then go back on Friday for a weight and BP check. She did say my legs were really swollen and to elevate them as much as possible. She wasn't overly concerned, but I'm glad that she is checking everything to make sure we stay healthy. I'd rather have to go through all that and know that we're healthy than have to be rushed into an emergency C-section. Any prayers would be appreciated! Okay I'm off to lift some weights. (Just kidding Mom!)

No comments: