
Due date: April 16th
Size of baby: Emma is the size of a squash, about 2 1/2 lbs. and 15 inches long. It's crazy to think that she will triple in weight by her birth day! That's alot of growing!
How much total weight gain/loss: +4 at my appointment on Friday, making that 33 total.
Maternity clothes: yup. There's still a few pieces that are non maternity, but they're larger sizes than normal.
Movement: all the time! Every now and then my stomach will get really hard in places and I'll feel pressure and you can see a limb or something poking out that makes my stomach all distorted. It's so weird!
Sleep: It's alright. I've had a few nights where I'm up for a couple of hours. 3am seems to be the magic time. And I definitely wake up more often to change positions.
Latest food craving: I was really craving cake this week, but refused to make the red velvet cake that I had in the pantry because I just knew that I would eat the WHOLE thing! I don't know how to stop when there's sweets like that in the house. I finally got my cake fix on Saturday night at my BIL's birthday party.
Are you more scared or excited: I'm very excited and anxious to meet our little one! It seems like everywhere I look there's a pregnant lady or newborn baby!
Happy or mostly moody: a little of both.
Last time you cried over something ridiculous: I cried alot this week and was really emotional. One time though it was for ABSOLUTELY NO reason! I just started crying on the way to work! The other times I've cried because it's really starting to hit me how much our life is going to change. It won't be just Tray and I anymore and that makes me sad. I know that once she gets here we're going to think what did we ever do without her, but I think it's still natural to kind of mourn that "just the two of us" life. I feel like I'm preparing myself for Tray to leave when Emma gets here, even though that's not going to happen. I'm just trying to make the most of the time we have left together as "just us" and make memories, even if it is just a completely lazy Sunday watching TV and napping on the couch. (like yesterday!)
Any pregnancy brain stories: not this week.
Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: I've had alot of crazy dreams this week that I can't remember.
Worst part of the week: being really emotional and starting to get really swollen. Some days I can't wear my diamond anymore and I'm down to just my wedding band. My body image issues are back big time. It doesn't help that people feel the need to point out "Oh I can see you've gained weight in your face." I know they don't mean it rudely, but I just want to say "No sh*t. I didn't notice." (pardon the language, but that's just how I feel sometimes! I just had to get that off my chest.)
Best part of the week: getting to hear her heartbeat again (beating in the 150s this time) and continuing to be healthy!
2 comments:
I've been having freak out moments too recently about how much everything is going to change! I keep looking forward to summer and being able to lay out and tan - oh wait, no I won't because I have a baby to tend to! I know it will be SO much better once the baby is here but there will definitely be some things I miss! I guess that's normal though.
Glad she's looking good and healthy!
Just found your blog through a mutual blog friend - it's so cute! You look fantastic! Hope I look that good when I'm where you are :)
Post a Comment