background

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nursery Progress, Funny Stories and One Cute Outfit!

We had a nice long weekend and celebrated MLK Day by eating delicious smoked turkey breast and ribs! Tray loooks for any excuse to cook out and I can't complain! Tray has always been the type to get what he wants and doesn't like to wait to get it. When he told me he wanted a nice smoker grill I was hesitant because they are so expensive. Now that we've had it since the summer, it's been one of our best investments because he makes some good barbecue!

Anyways, he's also been hard at work priming the nursery in preparation for painting! We got everything moved around over the Christmas holidays and since then he's been spending the weekends painting here and there. Last weekend he finished painting the little bit of hallway that wasn't done and then started the priming. This was an old picture of the nursery before everything was cleared, but you get the picture! Just imagine it with white primer on the wall and that's the only change.


After lots of thinking and debating, we finally decided on how we wanted to paint it. At first I wanted metallic stripes on the bottom half with chair rail in between. Then Tray pointed out that stripes would be difficult with the texture on the wall. Next idea was a metallic stencil around the bottom half with chair rail, but then Tray and my sister pointed out that most of the stencil would be covered up by furniture. So then we decided on 2 different colors with white chair rail separating them. I almost decided on pink and green (after saying forever that I didn't want pink!) but finally decided on light purple and green. I'm excited to see how it looks and if I don't like it, it's only paint!

We still have alot to get and do, but I'm not in any rush (right now!) and as long as we have everything done by Spring Break I'll be happy. The crib is ordered and we have the glider, side table, laundry basket, bookshelf and art work. We're in search of the perfect dresser/changing table and I also have a couple of DIY things I want to do.


This is the entrance to the spare bedroom, where everything that was in the nursery went.




Hubby has also been doing some of this and fishing in between my long list of to-do's! If I can't find him he's usually in the garage playing around, as he calls it! He's been the best through this whole pregnancy and getting-ready-for-baby process!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend I also gave the dog's a bath, complete with brushing their grills! Whenever they get a bath their bed does too so they don't sleep on stinky beds. Well, Koda is a little high maintenance so when the beds were in the wash she didn't have anywhere to lay. I had already separated our clothes to wash and apparently Koda decided that was the perfect place to rest her head for a long nap!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My parents came over for dinner on Monday night and my mom wanted to take pictures of me and my wedding dress before I shipped it off to get cleaned. I had sat down on the ottoman and my mom wanted to take a picture of my huge belly. She was taking it straight on so I asked, "Can you tell I'm pregnant from that angle?" HA! You be the judge! Do I look pregnant?


I guess there's no mistaking now that I am IN DEED pregnant!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend while I was at my parent's we went to a baby boutique and my mom bought Emma the CUTEST little outfit! It's so exciting to imagine what our little girl will look like all dressed up in this! I'm thinking it'll make the perfect outfit for her daddy's 30th birthday (a couple weeks after she's due) and her one month pics! The flower is a pin so I might switch it up so she doesn't wear the exact same thing twice! We can't have that!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie makes hairbows that match that flower. http://stephaniesbows.shutterfly.com/

Sharon Walker