So yesterday afternoon I had a routine cleaning at my dentist. Of course I don't LIKE going to the dentist, but I'm usually fine with it and don't freak out like some people do. All was good and I sit down in the chair and she takes my blood pressure. Up to this point it has been consistent at around 120/74. Yesterday afternoon? 99/54. When I saw that I was like "Is that right?" She said it was low and let me rest for a second and did it again. 99/57. I was starting to think it was the machine because they just used the little wrist thing and not the arm band and stethoscope. She didn't think it was a big deal and continued with the cleaning. I was freaking out a little but felt fine. In all honesty, I know what it's supposed to be but didn't know if that was too low or what it meant.
So she's half way through and starts to polish my teeth. Now, I don't know if it was the flavor of the stuff or what but I started to feel nauseous and got really clammy and sweaty. I'm not usually one to speak up and say anything, but I knew it was bad when I found myself telling her that I needed to get up and go to the bathroom. I felt like I was going to throw up. By the time I got to the bathroom I wasn't nauseous anymore but still sweating and pale and a little shaky. I rubbed a cold paper towel around my neck and face and felt a little better. Now I think that maybe I was about to pass out or something because I've NEVER felt like that before! I went back and she finished real quick and I asked her to check one more time before I left. 99/63. As soon as I left I called the nurse line and left a message for the doctor. The on-call doc called back and said that it's normal for your blood pressure to drop about mid way through pregnancy. She said they don't do anything unless you pass out and to just drink lots of water and rest. I have my regular check up in a week so I'll see what it is then and tell my regular doc. The on-call doc didn't seem concerned at all and I've felt perfectly fine since then, so hopefully that won't happen again and I'll be okay. It sure was scary though!
No comments:
Post a Comment