So I think it's safe to say that this Spring Break hasn't gone quite as planned. Therefore we are still not done with the nursery, but it's about 75% done. Of course I would love to have it complete, but I also realize that Emma will not be using it for awhile so it's okay if it's not. So here's a breakdown of our Spring Break:
Friday (the 11th):
We were both so excited to start our break and then we found out that Tray's grandfather passed away. He lives in Georgia and Tray was going to drive over there to attend the funeral. As much as I wanted to go, it just wasn't a good idea for me to sit in a car for 13 hours each way. Tray decided to leave on Monday and come back Wednesday.
Saturday:
We had our childbirth class all day and it actually wasn't too bad. Of course my favorite part was the 10 minute massage in the end that the presenter kind of tricked the hubbies into doing! I also loved taking a tour of the hospital and seeing where everything will go down (God willing that everything continues to go smoothly and we stay healthy.) We even got to see a 1 hour old baby and his daddy in the nursery. We saw the check up that they do and even the pediatrician doing his assessment. The poor dad looked like he had just seen a ghost, hadn't slept, was in a daze, and didn't know what to do!
Sunday:
I'm not too sure what we did this day, but I think we just stuck around the house and did some things while Tray packed for the next day. He went to bed super early since he was leaving super early on Monday.
Monday:
Tray left at 4 am, I went back to bed for awhile and then woke up to rain. It was the perfect day to relax and that's exactly what I did. I did a few normal cleaning things like laundry and dishes, but other than that, the couch was my best friend. I've mentioned I'm a total homebody before, but I can literally watch TV and browse on the internet ALL DAY! Who does that?! I don't do it very often, but when I do it feels oh so nice!
Tuesday:
I drove down to Galveston to hang out with my sister and nephew. I had to drive Tray's big ol' truck since he took my car to Georgia because of gas. I was nervous at first, but I actually like driving it! I feel really safe and tough, but when it comes to parking, forget it! We walked along the Strand and did some window shopping and ate ice cream. You could tell my sister shops a little too much with Anthony. Walking into every store he would stop at the door and say "No Mama!" and literally pull her the other way! And when his daddy asks if he wants to go to Hobby Lobby he very firmly says "No!" We were able to bribe him with promises of ice cream and going to the water. We went down to the Seawall and it was packed! It was nice to see so many people down there. I actually hadn't been back to Galveston since our wedding reception so it was kind of weird. The Flagship Hotel over the water looked so weird because of the damage from the hurricane. When I got home I rested some more because my poor feet were really swollen.
Wednesday:
I hung around the house again doing more stuff here and there. Tray was coming home this day and I was excpecting him right at midnight. We had been texting each other all day because he was driving by himself with a car full of stuff from his Grandpa's house and I was worried. I had just heard from him around 10 pm that he was in Beaumont about an hour and half away. Well, 11 pm rolls around and I get a call from him. The first thing he says is "You need to come pick me up" and automatically my crazy mind thinks he's been in an accident. Not so. My car had just died on him on the side of the rode in a not so nice part of town. Yes my car is only a year old and barely had 20K miles on it. Luckily it's still under warranty so the wrecker picked it up and said he would take it to the dealership the next morning. We finally got home around 1:30 am.
Thursday:
We planned to do alot of stuff this day, but instead we had to drive to Beaumont to go get a loaner car for me and get all of the stuff out of my car. Apparently there was a recall that we never knew about on my car and it's now in the process of getting a new transmission. The good side to the story: they gave me a brand new Hyundai Sonata to drive and it's really fun! I love how sporty they look, it's got new car smell and gets good gas mileage. The bad side: it's a car, not my Santa Fe, which makes it very uncomfortable for me to get in and out of at 9 months preggo! We finally got home around 5 pm after doing a couple other things and tried to salvage the day by doing some baby stuff. Even though I'm not happy my car messed up, I'm so glad I wasn't driving down the highway when it happened and most importantly that Tray was only an hour from home and not stuck on the long scary bridge in Louisiana!
Friday:
Tray cooked brisket all day for our baby shower and I ran a bunch of errands and did some stuff at home.
Saturday:
Our baby shower! I started the day by getting my hair trimmed and then the shower. It was absolutely perfect and our little one was so spoiled! My sister did an amazing job with decorations and the theme and we loved it! I'll do a separate post about it because there's just too much to share!
Sunday:
Tray finally got to go fishing in the morning and had a good day on the lake. I ran a bunch of errands and then we did more baby stuff, including finishing her dresser and taking it upstairs (Tray did all of that) and starting to organize her closet and drawers. I'm already stressing about how to organize her closet! Between the shoes, outfits, accessories and separates that she has it's a little overwhelming! I'm really looking forward to seeing what she's wearing when I come home each day during that month that her daddy will be taking care of her while I'm at work! I have a feeling it may just be a diaper!
We also got our maternity pic CD and here are some of my faves!

You can't really see Emma in this pic, but I thought it was really cute!

I'm not too big on the actual belly pics, but I wanted to incorporate her name and thought it turned out good.
This one is my favorite and I'm going to make it big and put it above our fireplace.
Me and my girl!
1 comment:
Aww your maternity pics look really great!
Post a Comment