background

Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Break Has Officially Begun.........

......and it couldn't have come soon enough! For the past 2 weeks I've had Spring Break and Baby-itis, big time! I just haven't felt like working and have been hovering between work and spring break mode every day. So now, I'm officially in spring break, I mean, nesting mode!

Of course some of us have been perfecting spring break mode for awhile!

And needless to say, I think they have it down! They pretty much only know this mode.
I have lots in store for this week, but I started it off with a doctor's check up this afternoon. Emma still sounds great and my BP is still good. However, I was told to lay off the carbs because I'm measuring about 1 cm ahead (which is like a week ahead) and she still feels fluid. That is going to be hard because I sure have craved (and eaten!) my fair share of bread this pregnancy! We scheduled our ultrasound for 2 weeks from now and that will really tell us if Emma is gonna be a big girl! I asked if she thought I would make it to 40 weeks and she said yes. Unless of course we see that Emma is growing too big and then we'll talk about our options. She said alot of times you can get an estimate by looking at the parents birth weights. I told her Tray was average, 7 something. Then she asked how big I was and I had to tell her that I was a 10 pounder. That's when she gave me the "Weeellll, we'll just see what the ultrasound shows." I got a little nervous because she said after 34 weeks if I go into labor, they don't stop it. Even though she's not full term yet, her chances of survival are great. I'm starting to get really anxious to meet our girl! So as long as she stays in for at least 3 more weeks, she can come anytime after that!
Other plans for this week include:
* our childbirth class tomorrow
* hanging out with my sister and nephew
* completing some DIY projects around the house
* cleaning
* getting rid of even more stuff!
* tanning
* relaxing
* getting my hair trimmed
* our baby shower!
I'm feeling really good right now, so here's to a great week!

No comments: