background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Busy Baby Week

We had a busy week last week and it was all about baby! Each day except Friday I had some type of appointment or meeting all for baby girl! Here's the details:


Monday-
This was definitely the hardest meeting I had. I went to the daycare where hopefully Emma will be going. Let me preface this with, if all the stars were aligned and the economy was better, I would have stayed home for a year with her and then gone back to work. I believe in the social and developmental benefits of daycare, but it's just not something I wanted to do before she was 1. However, with the state of the economy and the current Legislature and drastic budget cuts across the state, there's no way that I would be able to quit my job and be guaranteed a job when I wanted to go back. My next ideal situation was working part time, but even that isn't an option right now at my job. So then I thought about part time daycare and my mother in law the other days, but there are no quality daycares that do part time infant. So that left us with full time daycare, as much as it breaks my heart. Luckily, Tray has his contract for next year where he's at and they have an employee daycare. It was really nice and clean and the babies seemed happy. In my experience with daycares, employee daycares are much better quality and I've heard great things about this one. Hopefully she'll be able to get in because there's only 8 spots and 4 are pretty much already taken. As soon as I got into my car I started bawling and proceeded to the rest of the night. I know it will be extremely difficult, but at least we'll still have our jobs and be able to provide everything and more that we want for her.


Tuesday-
I met with a pediatrician that a few of the families I work with had recommended. He was really nice and I liked the fact that he's been practicing for 37 years in the same practice and actually started the practice with one of the other doctors that is still there. I was worried about finding a pediatrician, so I'm glad I did!


Wednesday-
I had a regular check up with my OB. Everything is still looking great! However, according to their scale I did gain 3 lbs. in a week and a half. I know some of that is the swelling I've been experiencing. She still didn't get mad at me, but just asked if I thought I was doing anything to cause this, as in diet. I said I'm honestly not and she just said that she doesn't harp on women's weight, especially if they're healthy, and some women just gain alot of weight for some reason. She also said that those women tend to lose more weight right after birth because of gaining more. She didn't make me feel bad at all, but I'm still trying to watch my snacking. I also found out that I'll probably have another ultrasound at 36 weeks because even though my belly measurements are fine, she felt some extra fluid and wants to make sure baby and everything is okay. Even though I shouldn't have, I looked up what extra amniotic fluid could mean and I'm not even going to think about it. Personally, I think she was just feeling an extra layer of my belly fat! Ha! In our other ultrasounds the fluid has looked great and I'm not worried about it right now. I heard Emma's heartbeat very loud and strong and I'm just praying everything will continue to be okay.


Thursday-
This night I went to my breastfeeding class. I was on information overload afterwards, not to mention that they only offer it Thursday nights from 6:30-9:00! And FYI hospital, comfier chairs for pregnant women would be a great investment! Anyways. Tray had a track meet so my mom went with me. I felt it was very helpful and the presenter was really knowledgable and funny, so that made it easier to handle. She didn't talk much about pumping and storing, which is what I'm most worried about, but she did give a nice handout with a timeline of when to start pumping and how to store it and all that jazz. I'm really excited to breastfeed and hope it all works out!



And just because I like pictures, here's one of our 5 year old baby girl Koda! Happy Birthday Koda!


this is how she "sits" for treats

And since I didn't give Boomer his 3rd birthday shout out in November, Happy Birthday Boomer!

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Stay far away from google haha! I have googled way too many things during this pregnancy and end up freaking myself out every time! Yay for being so productive, but I hope this week is more restful for ya!

Lyndsey said...

Stay far away from google haha! I have googled way too many things during this pregnancy and end up freaking myself out every time! Yay for being so productive, but I hope this week is more restful for ya!

Lyndsey said...

oops sorry about the double post!