background

Monday, March 7, 2011

34 Weeks

OMG! 6 More Weeks To Go Baby Update!

Due date: April 16th

Size of baby: Emma is the size of a honeydew melon. That's about 4.75 pounds and almost 18 inches long. It will be interesting to see how big she actually is when we have our ultrasound in a couple of weeks.

How much total weight gain/loss: next appointment is this Friday.

Maternity clothes: yup, and needing more for this wonderful (but hot to a pregnant woman) weather.

Movement: lots of squirming around in there! She's very active in the afternoon and evening. And she's starting to wake me up in the morning with her random strong kicks!

Sleep: getting a little worse as the weeks go on. Some nights I'm up just thinking and other nights I'm tossing and turning every 20 minutes. Not to mention that all last week and still this week I've been battling congestion. It was so bad one night that Tray said I was snoring worse than his dad! And that's pretty bad! I felt so bad for him, but I finally bought some Sudafed and use Vix at night so that helps.

Latest food craving: one thing I've never gotten tired of this whole pregnancy is bread. I love going to Panera and getting their Greek salad and bread. Other faves have been toast with peanut butter and sweet yellow cornbread.

Are you more scared or excited: I'm getting so so excited to meet her and see what she looks like! I keep seeing little girls with dark hair and light complexion and wonder if she'll look like that. I want to do a post about Tray and my predictions just for fun! I'm still freaking out though because my plan of having everything done by Spring Break isn't going to happen, but hopefully we'll have everything done by the end of SB. I also plan on relaxing as much as possible and fishing (ie. tanning) with Tray over the break. I don't want to blind the doctors with my super pasty legs on delivery day!

Happy or mostly moody: it's been better this week.

Last time you cried over something ridiculous: I don't think I cried this week.

Any pregnancy brain stories: I've lost track of all the crazy things I say. But there are definitely times where Tray will look up and say "Oh Lord why me?" Of course he's just joking and I keep saying that Emma is just taking all of my smartness out of me. That's usually when he rolls his eyes and says "Suuurrre."

Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: lots of crazy random dreams that I can't remember.

Worst part of the week: I've officially started nesting, which equals lots of back pain by the end of the day. Also, the sweating and hot flashes has become a little unbearable and embarrassing at times. Just to get dressed I have to keep taking breaks to go cool off under our fan. And the houses I visit that haven't turned on their air conditioner yet? Forget it.

Best part of the week: being able to cross things off my "To Do Before Emma" list and feeling that little person inside me everyday. Now I know why they say you'll miss being pregnant.

No comments: