background

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween and 16 Weeks

Happy (late) Halloween! We had a nice weekend full of family! On Saturday it was Tray's mom's birthday so we went out to eat to celebrate. I need to get better at taking pictures when we're out and about. I always take my camera with me and then never take it out to take pictures!
On Sunday we started off by cleaning the house and running some errands and then my sis and bro-in-law came over with Anthony to trick or treat. Of course wherever Anthony is, grandparents will follow, so we had my mom and other sister come over as well as Joe's parents. I loved Anthony's costume this year and it was fun to see all the little kids trick or treating. Me and Tray kept saying that next year we'll have a 6 month old (God willing) to dress up!



Cute little boxer beating up the scarecrow!

Koda was a cowgirl! I was surprised she actually left the hat on! Boomer was a pumpkin, but as you can see in the bottom corner, he was too excited to let me take a picture of him!


16 Week Baby Update


16 weeks! The sequins on my shirt make it look like my stomach is extra pointy, but it's just the shirt! Oh, and please excuse the laundry on the floor! We didn't get all of our normal Sunday stuff, like laundry, done!

Due date: April 16th

Size of baby: now baby's the size of an avocado.

How much total weight gain/loss: we'll see at my doctor's appointment on Friday. I don't think I gained anything this past week, and if I did, probably a pound.

Maternity clothes: still pretty much wearing normal clothes, with a couple of maternity things here and there.

Movement: still nothing. I've been trying to stay real still at night to see if I feel something, but I think I'm just making myself THINK that I feel something.

Sleep: still doing GREAT with this! I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but it feels so good to get a good night's sleep! The dogs even let me sleep until 8:30 on Saturday morning and it felt wonderful! Of course Tray was already out on the lake fishing so I'm glad I was able to fall back to sleep after he left.

Latest food craving: nothing much. Even though I haven't really craved it, I did thoroughly enjoy fajitas and ice cream on Saturday when we went to El Toro for Tray's mom's birthday. YUM!

Are you more scared or excited: it's still really exciting talking about the baby and things we want to do with them one day. On Saturday night we stopped by Babies R Us and played around with the strollers and looked at other stuff. I have my eye on a few that I'm going to research and look at again before we register. Of course we couldn't leave without acting like kids and getting in a good laugh! As we were leaving Tray saw a breast pump called "My Brest Friend" and of course it made him laugh! Gotta love him!

Happy or mostly moody: I felt MUCH better this week!

Last time you cried over something ridiculous: I did have 2 moments this week where I looked at Tray with tears rolling down my face and all he could say (while laughing) was "WHAT is wrong with you?!" Not in a mean way but I just cried really easily this week. One of them was when we were watching Cougar Town and she was talking to her dad at the end-I thought it was sad! The other was for a commercial that has always choked me up a little, but this time it made me CRY. Have ya'll seen that commercial (for a bank I think?) where the dog is trying to hide his bone and then he starts dreaming about it and they play a song "Trouble"? I think it might be the song, but it makes me cry!

Any pregnancy brain stories: not really, but I tend to lose track of what I'm doing easily. Like last night, I was going to get something to drink so I had a cup in my hand, but then I got distracted with food and was trying to put my food in the cup.

Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: Can't remember a weird one, but I did have another girl dream and a boy dream last week. So now the count is 3 girl dreams and 2 boy dreams.

Worst part of the week: I had my first stranger comment on me being pregnant. It wasn't quite like I imagined it. After work one day I had gone to Old Navy and as I was checking out the cashier asked if I was pregnant.
Me: Yes.
Girl: How many months are you?
Me: Umm...I'm 3 months....15 weeks.
Girl: Oh my gosh really...you know you're kind of big. I didn't start showing until I was 5 months.
Me: Thanks.
I'm so not good at comebacks! In my defense, it was the end of the day, I had to pee really bad, and I was wearing a tunic and leggings that made me look pregnant even when I wasn't pregnant. She on the other hand looked like she was 19 and weighed 90 pounds, so of course she wouldn't start showing until she was 5 months! Anyways, I'm over it. Tray's trying to teach me how to come up with quick comebacks.

Best part of the week: looking at baby stuff was fun and getting to spend time with family on Saturday and Sunday.
That's it for this week! I have my next appointment on Friday and Tray's going with me, so I'm excited! And we'll get to schedule the BIG ultrasound!
Love, Mariel

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love being about to keep up with everything going on in your world! I read everything you post, but don't normally have time to comment. Just wanted you to know that I love you guys and you're in my prayers!

Love,
Steph

Lyndsey said...

I haven't felt anything either and I'm dying to feel a kick!! I do the same thing in bed at night, but nothing yet! My doctor said at my 17 week appt. that it could be 3 more weeks still!