background

Monday, November 8, 2010

Our Summer 2010

So if you look back, you'll see that my first post was on March 1 and then I didn't post again until September 14. Well alot happened in between, well mainly in June and July, so I wanted to write about it so I wouldn't forget.

If you've read my other posts, I mentioned that I (well we actually) had gained alot of weight in our first couple years of marriage. We decided that it was finally time to do something about it for good. Not just trying to diet or work out, but complete lifestyle change. Well I'm happy to say that we achieved that and Tray is still doing awesome with it. He has actually lost about 60 pounds in 6 months! He's my hero! I on the other hand had only lost half of what I had gained, and then I got pregnant so now it's creeping back on! But I'm fine with that because that is what I was preparing for and the most important thing is that I did make lifestyle changes that I will carry on after baby. One of the biggest changes we made besides eating was working out regularly. We knew that we didn't want to join a gym to achieve our goal and we already had a treadmill and stationary bike at home, so we bought a workout program. In March we started P90X and man did it kick our butts! I was ready to quit after the first week, but I stuck with it (with my own modified version because it's hard!) and I actually loved it! I can't wait to get started again after baby's home and things settle down! So anyways, we had a lot going on this summer that also motivated us to lose weight, so here's our summer in pictures!
It started with our big 3 year anniversary trip to Destin at the beginning of June. We wanted to go back to Hollywood Beach (between Miami and Fort Lauderdale) like we did for our honeymoon, but we decided to drive to save money and Destin was much closer. I'm so glad we went because we absolutely loved it and we can't wait to go back!

Our favorite place to go was Harbour Walk Village where they had tons of shops, restaurants, and our favorite, people watching! This man took donations for his bird sanctuary and you could take pics with his birds. So cool!

The last night there we took a dolphin/sunset cruise. We got to see dolphins and this beautiful sunset!

I totally chickened out on snorkeling, but I think I'll be ready to do it next time!

Next was my cousin's beautiful wedding at the end of June. He married a ballerina and we're so happy to have her in our family! I'm glad I had started to lose some weight and was working out. Walking into a bridal shower full of ballerinas is a wee bit intimidating! The beautiful couple!

Tray and I during the reception.

Our next adventure was Fourth of July weekend when we took a family trip to San Antonio. We took Anthony to Sea World for the first time and it was so much fun! Who doesn't love watching Shamu?! And yes, those shows always make me cry! We stopped in Gruene on the way there to hang out. I love that place! We didn't have time to go tubing, but we got to relax in Gruene Hall for a bit and listen to good ole country music!

The must-have Alamo pic with my sister.

Our last big event of the summer (and big motivator for losing weight!) was Tray's 10 year reunion. Since we went to the same high school, everyone knew me and what I looked like in high school, so I tried my darndest to get back to that point! We enjoyed seeing friends we hadn't seen in a LONG time, as well as seeing friends that we never lost touch with.

That was also officially my last "hurrah" of enjoying an adult beverage because baby was conceived right around that time! I haven't missed it, but I have had a couple of work days that could've been made better by a margarita or two!

Well, that was our summer in pictures! I can't wait to see what our future summers will look like!

Love, Mariel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love the way you write Chachitat mia. Keep it up.