background

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Big Ultrasound

We had the BIG ultrasound this past Tuesday, the 23rd. I really wanted to find out before Thanksgiving so I could tell my sisters at Thanksgiving, so I knew what to shop for and so I knew the gender of our greatest blessing that we are so thankful for!


We invited both of our moms to be there and it just so happened that both of our dads were off of work too, so they went as well. I had told my sisters that we weren't finding out until the Monday after Thanksgiving, so they had no clue. One of my sister's actually called my mom in the waiting room and my mom hung up real quick because they called my name and she was afraid she would hear! Of course I forgot my camera, but my mom had hers. Even with my mom's camera we only managed to take one picture at lunch afterwards. I'll post that once I get it from my mom.
So anyways, Tray and I went in first and I was afraid I wouldn't like the tech because she was very quiet and straight to business. She started looking at different parts of baby and telling us what they were. It seemed like she measured a million different things including arms, legs, belly, head, brain, spine and fluid. I kept looking at Tray and I never caught his eye because he was glued to the screen watching our baby! Finally she says "Here are baby's legs...and this baby is a girl." We smiled at each other and I started to cry. The tech was so quiet that we didn't really get too excited just because it felt like we weren't supposed to! We got to see baby girl move her arms around and she kept putting her hand by her head and mouth. Soooooo cute! After about 15 minutes she said she was almost done if we wanted to get our parents. Tray asked me which ones to get first and she said they could all come in, even though only 2 were supposed to. All our parents squeezed in and she took more pictures. She never went back to the money shot, so when she showed one of her legs, I said to our parents, "And there's nothing in between the legs!" Our mom's started to cry! We all heard her heartbeat beating at 154. She said everything looked good, but didn't go into too much detail. We were in there for maybe 20 minutes total. The only thing was that baby girl wanted to lay on her back the whole time, so she couldn't measure each part of the spine and look at every vertebrae. So, that means I get another ultrasound in 4 weeks, and I don't mind one bit! I could look at her all day and I'm so excited to see her again! Oh, and she's already measuring 11 ozs! Almost a pound! Although that makes me a little worried because according to websites and books, babies should be 8-8.5 ozs. at 19 weeks, not 11!
Without further adieu, our baby girl Saunders. (We are 99% sure about the first name and still thinking about a middle name, so I'll reveal the name later. We're practicing saying her name and we got all of the cousins to say her name to see if we like it. Of course we do so now we just need to finalize the middle name. You should hear our nephews Colton and Anthony say it! So cute!)

Beautiful little face!

Money shot! It's a girl!



Five little fingers. If you look real close you can already see Tray wrapped around her little finger!



Cute little feet that I've been feeling ALOT more dancing in my belly!





Tray's sister Sha knew about the appointment so she called right away and we told her the good news. I waited until Thanksgiving to tell my sister's. I decided to say the blessing and at the very end I said, "Thank you for the many blessings you have given us this year, especially the blessing of our healthy baby girl." I don't know why but I almost cried saying it and as soon as my sisters realized what I said, they both started to cry. A little chaos and shock insued and then we ate dinner! Everything was perfect and we are sooo excited to have a baby girl to look forward to! She is SO loved already and my sister's have gone into complete protective mode over me and baby!

Last night we actually never went to sleep and embarked on Black Friday shopping at 10pm Thanksgiving night where we met my sister in law. We got home at 6 am this morning and I will NEVER do that AGAIN! Black Friday shopping horror stories, triumph stories and baby deals coming tomorrow!





Love, Mariel

No comments: