background

Monday, November 15, 2010

18 Weeks and Weekend Recap

This weekend we headed to Austin to watch the Longhorns take on Oklahoma State. If you keep up with college football you probably already know that Texas isn't doing too good this year, and this game wasn't any different. It was pretty sad because by the end of the game over half of the stadium was already empty, so we stayed until the very end to sing The Eyes of Texas. Tray thought he would be clever and sing I've Been Working on the Railroad, so I had to shut him up! Aside from the way the game turned out, we had a great time! We got in some shopping at the Co-Op, hanging out on 6th street, lots of walking, and a visit to Mt. Bonnell. I was a little overwhelmed at all the cuteness for baby at the Co-Op, so I just got baby a Texas sock monkey and I'll go back to do more shopping once I know what it is.



It was perfect weather for the game, the whole weekend actually. We parked downtown in a garage and went to eat on 6th street at The Iron Cactus before the game. We planned on making a pit stop at the car before going to the stadium so we could put our warm gear on and then walk to the stadium, about another 10 blocks. I was fine the whole time, but if you've ever been to Austin, you know it's a tad bit hilly. I can't believe how out of breath I get now with the slightest bit of physical activity! We walked really slow and kept letting people pass us 'cause this pregnant lady wasn't moving any faster!


After the game we headed to 6th street to hang out for a bit. Yes, I felt awkward walking into bars with a belly. I guess you can say that 6th street is a totally different experience if you're completely sober! It was really fun to people watch though, especially at Coyote Ugly. All I can say is some people have no shame!


On Sunday we woke up and headed to Mt. Bonnell before heading home. I huffed and puffed my way up 101 steps just to get a picture at this special place where Tray proposed! That's a whole other post, but for now here is a pic from over 4 years ago on February 11, 2006, and one from this weekend on the rock where he proposed!




18 Weeks Baby Update



Due date: April 16th


Size of baby: sweet potato!


How much total weight gain/loss: not sure...we'll see next week!


Maternity clothes: still a mix of things, and lots of leggings!


Movement: I was really hoping I'd feel something this weekend, but not yet. Any day now!


Sleep: not too shabby!


Latest food craving: nothing really


Are you more scared or excited: well, this week I got a little scared with all the changes my body is going through. I was changing one night and realized that I started to get the linea negra on my belly. I was fine with that, but then I looked IN my belly button, and holy cow, it changed color! It looks dirty because it got darker! Add in the changes that my "girls" are going through and I'm a little freaked out! I know it's ALL for baby and I wouldn't change it one bit, but it's still scary!


Happy or mostly moody: still happy!


Last time you cried over something ridiculous: I think I cried once this week, but I can't remember why.


Any pregnancy brain stories: not that I can remember from this week.


Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: I did have a weird dream this week and it was completely random. I dreamt that Tray and I were at some type of camp with other couples and Tray left early but left his truck there. Next thing I know Brett Favre is asking me to go with him to buy underwear because he didn't want everyone to see him and he wanted to drive Tray's truck. I told him that Tray doesn't let other people drive his truck and then woke up. That was seriously my dream. I couldn't make this stuff up even if I tried! I know...I'm random. But on the flip side, I did have another boy AND girl dream, so now it's girls 4 and boys 3.


Worst part of the week: I know I shouldn't be thinking about this already, but I realized this weekend how hard it's going to be for me to leave baby once I have to go back to work. We left the dogs with my in-laws this weekend and I missed them so much and worried about them. Can you imagine what I'm going to be like when I have to leave baby?!


Best part of the week: spending time in Austin was really nice. I hadn't been back on campus since I graduated, so it was fun seeing how things have changed. I can't wait to take baby back!



Love, Mariel


1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Two more days! I can't wait!!!! And I haven't gotten the belly line yet, but I used to have a super "inny" and it's like already looking like it's going to pop out! I'm freaking out because having an outie is so gross to me, ha!