
WooHoo! We're halfway there!
20 Weeks Baby Update
Due date: April 16th
Size of baby: crazy to think about baby being this size, but she's the size of a cantalope! And at our appointment she was measuring 11 oz. I can't wait to see the difference at our next ultrasound.
How much total weight gain/loss: at Tuesday's appointment it was 17 pounds
Maternity clothes: lots of leggings and more maternity tops. I still have some regular jeans that I prefer over maternity.
Movement: lots! I felt the first official kick (or wiggle or flip or squirm) right before leaving for our appointment on Tuesday. I had just eaten 3 Hershey's kisses and apparently baby girl likes chocolate! I had my hands on my lower belly and I felt 3 little movements in a row and I knew that it was baby. So neat! Since then I've felt her everyday, especially after eating.
Sleep: thankfully still doing good. Although I'm a little nervous because I've hit the stage where during the day I serioiusly have to go pee like every 30 minutes. I'm nervous about that happening at night. I also didn't sleep very good the night before the ultrasound.
Latest food craving: I craved pizza again and we found a good little place close to home that took care of that craving. I think Tray's had more cravings than I have. For the past 2 Sundays we've made an evening trip to Tutti Frutti for frozen yogurt. I just wanted to make sure and state for the record that it's his idea, not mine!
Are you more scared or excited: I think I've also hit a stage where I start to feel anxious every time I hear a baby cry. Hopefully it doesn't last for long, but it has scared me a little.
Happy or mostly moody: well, due to the crazy ride I put my hormones on with Black Friday shopping, I was pretty emotional this weekend. I've also been very attached to Tray and I always want to be around him and I miss him when I'm not. Of course I missed him before I was pregnant, but this is different.
Last time you cried over something ridiculous: I didn't cry over anything ridiculous this week, just emotional crying.
Any pregnancy brain stories: I did have one that is kind of embarrassing to admit. We were watching the weather and it said it was going to be 42 degrees. I told Tray that we needed to cover the plants because it was going to freeze. He quickly pointed out that 32 degrees was freezing, not 42.
Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: I had a couple of dreams the night before our ultrasound. In two different dreams I dreamt that we were about to find out what baby was, but for some reason we NEVER found out. It had me nervous that baby wasn't going to cooperate!
Worst part of the week: being really emotional. Part of it was that I started to worry that something is wrong with the baby and it made me really anxious. I just started to pray and it made me feel better.
Best part of the week: the BEST part was definitely our appointment on Tuesday and finding out it's a girl!!! I can't wait to see her again in a month. In unrelated baby news, I found out that I still have some XM stations on my car for some reason, including my favorite, 90s on 9. Baby girl and I have been jamming out to everything from old school DMB to Montell Jordan and Tootsie Roll!
Love, Mariel
20 Weeks Baby Update
Due date: April 16th
Size of baby: crazy to think about baby being this size, but she's the size of a cantalope! And at our appointment she was measuring 11 oz. I can't wait to see the difference at our next ultrasound.
How much total weight gain/loss: at Tuesday's appointment it was 17 pounds
Maternity clothes: lots of leggings and more maternity tops. I still have some regular jeans that I prefer over maternity.
Movement: lots! I felt the first official kick (or wiggle or flip or squirm) right before leaving for our appointment on Tuesday. I had just eaten 3 Hershey's kisses and apparently baby girl likes chocolate! I had my hands on my lower belly and I felt 3 little movements in a row and I knew that it was baby. So neat! Since then I've felt her everyday, especially after eating.
Sleep: thankfully still doing good. Although I'm a little nervous because I've hit the stage where during the day I serioiusly have to go pee like every 30 minutes. I'm nervous about that happening at night. I also didn't sleep very good the night before the ultrasound.
Latest food craving: I craved pizza again and we found a good little place close to home that took care of that craving. I think Tray's had more cravings than I have. For the past 2 Sundays we've made an evening trip to Tutti Frutti for frozen yogurt. I just wanted to make sure and state for the record that it's his idea, not mine!
Are you more scared or excited: I think I've also hit a stage where I start to feel anxious every time I hear a baby cry. Hopefully it doesn't last for long, but it has scared me a little.
Happy or mostly moody: well, due to the crazy ride I put my hormones on with Black Friday shopping, I was pretty emotional this weekend. I've also been very attached to Tray and I always want to be around him and I miss him when I'm not. Of course I missed him before I was pregnant, but this is different.
Last time you cried over something ridiculous: I didn't cry over anything ridiculous this week, just emotional crying.
Any pregnancy brain stories: I did have one that is kind of embarrassing to admit. We were watching the weather and it said it was going to be 42 degrees. I told Tray that we needed to cover the plants because it was going to freeze. He quickly pointed out that 32 degrees was freezing, not 42.
Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: I had a couple of dreams the night before our ultrasound. In two different dreams I dreamt that we were about to find out what baby was, but for some reason we NEVER found out. It had me nervous that baby wasn't going to cooperate!
Worst part of the week: being really emotional. Part of it was that I started to worry that something is wrong with the baby and it made me really anxious. I just started to pray and it made me feel better.
Best part of the week: the BEST part was definitely our appointment on Tuesday and finding out it's a girl!!! I can't wait to see her again in a month. In unrelated baby news, I found out that I still have some XM stations on my car for some reason, including my favorite, 90s on 9. Baby girl and I have been jamming out to everything from old school DMB to Montell Jordan and Tootsie Roll!
Love, Mariel
No comments:
Post a Comment