background

Sunday, November 7, 2010

17 Weeks

On Friday night I went down to Lake Jackson to help my sister prepare for this little guy's 2nd birthday!

I can't believe he's already 2! It seems like just yesterday we were driving to Nevada to see him 2 weeks after he was born. Time sure is flying! He had a Thomas the Train themed party. You should have seen him when they delivered and blew up his big bounce house! It was 7:30 in the morning and 40 degrees, but he literally screamed "Choo choo Thomas!" when he saw it!
My daddy and I. I know I look HUGE in this picture, but I promise I'm not! I've had this dress for over a year, but never wore it because it made me look pregnant when I wasn't. So now that I'm pregnant, it makes me look like I'm 8 months pregnant! And I may or may not have had a HUGE piece of chocolate cake that put my belly a little over the edge!

I got home with enough time to watch the Texas game. Kind of wish I wouldn't have. Boomer is in disbelief that Texas was losing their 3rd game in a row! (he watches TV like this ALL the time and it makes us laugh!) Even though Texas isn't having the best season, we're still planning on going to Austin next weekend to watch them take on OSU. Pretty nervous about that one, but at least we'll get to go to the Co-Op and pick up some outfits for baby!
17 Weeks Baby Update
Due date: April 16th

Size of baby: this week it's the size of an onion

How much total weight gain/loss: according to my doctor's scale, I gained 4 lbs. this month. That means 12 lbs. total. I'm not freaking out, I'm not freaking out, I'm not freaking out.......

Maternity clothes: still a mix of things, but I've worn more tights this week.

Movement: still absolutely nothing. I really thought I felt something the other night, but then I felt it a few more times and realized it was just a little embarassing thing called gas.

Sleep: still doing pretty awesome with this. It helps that I really only wake up once to use the restroom and sometimes it's not until 4 or 5 in the morning, so I get a good long stretch of sleep.

Latest food craving: still haven't had many cravings, but I realized that I've been eating alot of cereal for breakfast. For the past 2 months I've pretty much been eating it about 5 times a week. HEB has their own version of Special K's Red Berries and it is sooo good with bananas in the morning! Oh and FYI, have you tried Starbucks new salted caramel hot chocolate? It's pretty amazing!

Are you more scared or excited: still excited. It's even more exciting now that we have a date set for the BIG ultrasound! We'll know November 23rd!

Happy or mostly moody: pretty happy this week. We've had awesome weather, so that helps!

Last time you cried over something ridiculous: no crying episodes this week. I almost did when we were at my appointment on Friday because Tray told me that he teared up watching a baby show, so of course I started to tear up!

Any pregnancy brain stories: well just in typing this post, I've mispelled tons of things. And I had to ask Tray how to spell mispelled.

Weirdest dream you've had since being pregnant: I can't remember any of my dreams from this week.

Worst part of the week: my leg still hurts. I saw a different OB on Friday because mine had to go out of town and she also said that I should go to the neurologist (which is what my OB told me originally) so I guess I'll be making an appointment for the neurologist. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I really think I pinched a nerve or something like that when we were working out a bunch and now it's just getting worse with the weight gain.

Best part of the week: getting to hear baby's heartbeat again! This time it was beating in the 140s and they said everything sounded good. Baby's moved up a little in my belly, but still below my belly button. I feel so blessed to not be having any complications or bad symptoms. Everyone keeps asking how I feel and my response is "like I'm not even pregnant." I know once I start feeling baby move it's going to be really REAL and I can't wait!
Love, Mariel

2 comments:

Emily Powell said...

I registered at the one on 1960 near 45 but I had a coupon to get the gift card and I don't remember where I got the coupon...sorry

Lyndsey said...

That sounds like boy to me!! My morning sickness wasn't too bad and Liams heartbeat has always been in the 140's! Not that you were asking, haha!