background

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Meet the Family: Boomer

Name: Boomer aka Boomster or Boomer Woomer

Age: 2 (almost 3)


Occupation: Mama's Boy



Hobbies: sleeping, sniffing, howling, dominating his mama and Koda, grooming himself and Koda

Specialty Skills: acting like a cat, doing a half-howl-half-bark (it's our favorite!), howling for a VERY long time



Personality: sensitive, emotional, funny, silly, laid back, secure in his manhood




Likes: GETTING kisses, walks, fruit, gettin' some lovin', ear rubs, messin' with his sister

Dislikes: GIVING kisses, getting kisses when he's sleepy, having to go in the laundry room

Boomer joined our family in January 2008. When we got Koda, she lived with Tray and his parents for a little over a year before we got married. Right after getting married we moved 5 hours away to Greenville, TX, and Koda no longer had her Grandma around to spoil her while Tray and I worked. She desperately needed a companion, so another Basset Hound it was! We found a breeder and told her that we wanted a brown and white one so she picked the puppy with the most brown and white and now I can't imagine Boomer being with any other family! I admit, I almost strangled him the first 2 weeks we had him because he would not stop crying at night and Tray and I literally took turns sleeping on the couch with him. We finally put him in the garage with a heating lamp and he stayed there for a good 3 months. Now, he's a complete mama's boy who needs his daily lovin' from me and his daily ear rubs from his daddy. I CAN NOT sit on the floor without him literally climbing into my lap. Tray will go all Cesar Milan on me and say that I let him "dominate" me and I need to show him that I'm the "pack leader", but I don't care, he's my baby and I love him! Boomer and Koda definitely make our lives more enjoyable and we love them so much!

No comments: