
Entrance to the future nursery that is currently my craft room (aka junk room and office)

I can't believe I'm showing these pics, but this is exactly how it looks right now.

Baby stuff is already gathering. That's the closet to the left.

The closet extends a little to the left and right. Those are the clothes I've bought her so far, but she probably has triple that already between my mom and sisters!
My biggest issue is, where is all this stuff going to go?! We don't have an official office in the house, just a game room which is currently the man room/gym. It does get daily use so we can't put anything in there. I'm thinking I'll have to get rid of stuff and organize really well. 95% of the stuff will go in the guest bedroom across the hall.

Entrance to guest bedroom.

The bookshelf, little table to the left and hamper to the left will go in the nursery. I'm planning to distress the bookshelf and paint it. Everything to the right of the bookshelf is work toys that I've collected over the years and alot of them will now be baby girl's toys. It'll be a tight squeeze, but I think we'll be able to fit the big desk and shelf in here if we move the bed. Still not sure where my cedar chest will go......

This is the crib that we'll be ordering. I really wanted white, but I was scared that it would get dirty easily and start to look nasty.

Like I mentioned before, this is the glider that I got a great deal on for Black Friday. I'm a little nervous that I didn't personally see it or sit in it, but we can always return it. I'm excited because it reclines and glides, so I have a feeling I might be sleeping in it when we make the transition to crib! Hopefully the crib and glider will be the only dark things in the room and everything else will be light. I want to find a dresser to restore and paint white to use as a changing table.

This is the type of bedding I want. Problem is, the baby bedding I've found like this is ridiculously expensive! I'm thinking I'll look for fabric and find somebody to make it. Most of the baby bedding packages come with quilts and I don't really see the need for a quilt. The main thing I want to match are the bumper and curtain. I also might look for a cheap ottoman and recover it with a pretty fabric for the glider. And of course pillows!
So that's where we're at right now. This weekend I plan to start purging and organizing, so I'll let you know how that goes!
Love, Mariel
No comments:
Post a Comment