Name: MarielAge: 28
Occupation: Early Intervention Specialist with Early Childhood Intervention, Mommy-To-Be
Occupation: Early Intervention Specialist with Early Childhood Intervention, Mommy-To-Be

Hobbies: shopping, watching TV, thinking about scrapbooking, organizing, wannabe decorator
Specialty Skills: I can play the Bassoon (truth: I used to be able to play the bassoon. After 7 years of playing in school, I only remember about 5 notes!)
Personality: quiet, shy, laid back, procrastinator, indecisive, good listener, loving, optimist
Likes: dogs, my family, brownies, dancing, romantic movies, my job, The Texas Longhorns, watching football LIVE
Dislikes: cockroaches, mean people, disrespect, grocery shopping, getting gas
26 Random Facts About Yours Truly
1. I have a thing with numbers. I need things to end in 1,3,6, or 9 (hence, the 26, not 25 random things.) I set my alarm to 6:31 or 5:46, etc., when I microwave things it's for 1:46 or 2:01, and the volume on the TV or on the radio has to end in those numbers.
2. I was a dancer in high school. My dream job would be a Janet Jackson dancer. I think she's one of the most awesome dancers I've ever seen and her concerts are AWESOME! I'm so bummed I won't get to see her at the rodeo!
3. I want to spend a day with chimpanzees. I think they are fascinating and sooo human like. (Or are we so monkey like?) I want to be able to hold a baby chimpanzee and just play with them.
4. I love animals, but especially dogs! I can't imagine not having a dog! They are so loving, funny and caring. I used to say when I was little that I wanted to own every breed of dog.

5. I wanted to be a veterinarian for the longest time......until I realized that I would have to put some dogs to sleep. Seriously, that was the deciding factor in me being a vet. I also wanted to be a zoologist and marine biologist.

6. 6 is my favorite number. Don't ask me why.
7. I used to be mildly obsessed with Abraham Lincoln. It started in 3rd grade with my wonderful teacher Ms. Sanders who had the perfect teacher handwriting. I used to know everything about Honest Abe and even have an antique doll of him.

8. I love the beach, but am sort of terrified of water. I had major ear problems when I was little (that I pray Emma won't have) which caused me to never like to swim or go under water. I will get in the ocean and go swimming, but if I go under water I freak out. It makes me feel severly claustrophobic and I hate the way it makes my ears feel.

9. My first time to fly over states in an airplane was my freshman year of high school. The band flew to Disney World in Florida. I asked my friend when we would see the borders of the states, to which he quickly replied "Mariel there are no little men that paint white stripes between the states." For the record, I did not think there were little men, but I did think that it would look exactly like it does on a map.
10. I am very gullible and naive and don't always think before I say or ask things. Resulting in lots of situations like #9.
11. I love my job. I work with children birth-3 with disabilities and delays. Every day is different. I work on a little bit of everything and I love that. Some times I work on language, other times motor skills, and sometimes I just get to play with babies that were born premature and make sure they stay on target. I have worked with children with Down Syndrome, autism, very rare syndromes, 23 week preemies and everything in between. I really do love it!
my wonderful team that I used to work with in Allen at ECI of LifePath Systems12. Tray was and is my first and only boyfriend. Well, not technically if you count the 2 week stint with a 7th grade boy while I was in 8th. I don't.
13. I really love and like my husband!

14. I love a good bargain! I love when I find something that would normally cost $150 for $30 dollars!
15. I could literally spend hours in Ross, Marshalls and TJMaxx. And not buy anything. I'm a good window shopper when I need to be.
16. I'm a very emotional person. I cry for everything. I cry when I'm tired, happy, sad, sick, mad, stressed, worried and especially when I'm pregnant!
17. I'm an extreme worrier. My mind wanders to places that I really wish it wouldn't. For example, if Tray isn't home when he's supposed to be and he doesn't answer the phone when I call, I automatically think he's been in a crash and it scares me. I hate this about me.
18. I don't like to be rushed. For this reason, I'm usually running late.
19. My favorite book is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.
20. I've always wanted to visit Connecticut because that's where the Babysitters Club was.
21. In the 7 years that I played the bassoon in band, I can literally count on my fingers the number of times I practiced at home. And I actually wasn't too bad either. It makes me wonder how good I would have been if I had actually applied myself.
22. I was a collector as a child. My collections included rocks, balls, miniatures, books, stuffed animals and nails. Don't ask.
23. In my whole life I've only had 1 Barbie. I played more with actual baby dolls and Polly Pocket type of toys.
24. One thing I wish I was able to do half way decent is sing. I've already apologized to Emma for my terrible singing.
25. I'm a major home body.
26. I love my life and everyone and everything in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment