2. Progress in the nursery! The walls are painted and I love it so far. We just need to put the chair rail up and the biggest stuff will be done! Friday night Tray decided to put the crib together because he wanted to see what it looked like. After it was done he stood back and said "I'm scared." It is a little scary, but very exciting! The colors of course look off in the picture, but it's a really pretty lilac/lavendar on top and light green on bottom.


4. We took maternity pics on Saturday and it turned out to be a beautiful day! It was a little chilly, but still felt good to this hot flashin' mommy to be! I have to admit that I had no expectations for these pictures. Not because of the photographer or his wonderful skills, but because of my body issues and the fact that while yes I'm pregnant, I've never weighed this much before and it's hard to feel comfortable when you're not used to it. We went to lunch afterwards and I was able to look at the pictures on the camera and I saw several that I loved! My mom snapped this picture behind the photographer and when I saw the actual picture on his camera, I LOVED it! I'm already thinking of how big I want it and where we'll put it. I can't wait to see the rest!

5. I've been able to put one of my Christmas presents to good use lately...The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook! I made her meatloaf and twice baked potatoes and they are delish! I haven't worked up the courage to make her famous cinnamon rolls, but I'm thinking I definitely need to make some and freeze them for when Emma gets here. I'll also be looking for recipes that freeze well so I can stock up for at least a couple weeks.
6. I have absolutely LOVED the cold weather and always have, but this may be the first time I'm excited about Spring, and especially flip flop season! Why? Well for one, I put some shoes on the other day that I hadn't worn in awhile and they were super tight! I've noticed that with some other shoes too. My feet really haven't swelled much, but apparently they have! I'm fortunate enough to have a job where I can pretty much wear whatever I want, including flip flops and the outfit in my 31 week pic, so I'll be living in flip flops until Emma gets here. Secondly, now I have a valid excuse to get pedicures because there's no way I can paint my toes with this big 'ol belly!
2 comments:
Your maternity photo shoot photo looks really great. I hope you will post somemore!
Mariel you look so beautiful! I hope you have an easy delivery! You have a glow to you. I hadn't looked at your blog since you started it. It is amazing. I should start mine after my first OB appointment on Monday. Wish me luck. Your Prima is a lil old for this pregnancy stuff.
Love you!
Post a Comment