We started our 4th of July with a local parade! We didn't take Emma last year because I'm pretty sure we were still having a hard time making it out of the house by noon!
Aww, the newborn baby days. I do miss them.
We found a good spot right on the road and set up camp. Emma ate her breakfast......and part of mine!
She liked looking at the horses, but she loved looking at the dogs more. She can seriously spot a dog anywhere!
She got tired of being in her stroller, so she stole my seat.
She started to whine towards the end, but it was really hot and nearing nap time.
This is her "i'm done" look.
After a nap, some playing and lunch, she was ready for another nap. She was only up for 2 hours in between naps! I guess she was worn out.
She woke up from her second nap screaming, so I think she's teething. She's been chewing on her fingers off and on all week, so I've been giving her Tylenol when she gets extra fussy.
In an attempt to keep her happy before dinner I let her play with the lollipop she got at the parade. She finally worked the wrapper off and since it was a holiday, I decided to go with it and let her have her FIRST LOLLIPOP! She was cracking us up with the way she was eating it!
![]() |
| "is this really for me?!" |
At first she was more interested in the wrapper and didn't want to hold it.
But after she got her first taste she figured it out!
So serious!
She kept licking it over and over and was still licking even when the sucker wasn't in her mouth.
Notice the tongue!
We topped off the day with dinner. Clearly Emma was enjoying her mac and cheese so much that she decided to save some for later!
We didn't make it to see the fireworks since Emma was in bed by 8:30, but next year will be a different story!







1 comment:
LOVE the lollipop pictures!
Post a Comment