Emma you are 3 months old!
You weigh around 13 lbs.
You wear both 0-3 months and 3-6 months clothes, it just depends on the brand. You're officially in a size 1 shoe, but some brands still fit big.
You are in size 2 diapers and they fit well.
You're still on breastmilk and I'm so grateful for that. I never put much thought into how I would feed you while I was pregnant, but deep down I knew that I really wanted to breastfeed and now I'm so happy that it's still working out for us. You still use the shield and I don't even try anymore without it. However, now that I may not be working after August, I'm going to try and get you off of it since I'll be nursing you full time. I got worried when I went back to work because I wasn't pumping what you were eating, which is about 5.5 ounces every 2-3 hours. I started feeding you on both sides each feeding and that's helped a ton. While I was on leave we just got into the pattern of feeding on one side each time and that worked for us, but now you are quite an efficient eater and usually eat about 30 minutes total. You still have 1 or 2 really long feeds a day (about an hour), but no where near what it used to be.

You are sleeping really well and we have a great little nightime routine that works great. You nurse around 5-6pm, I'll wait about 30 minutes, we'll go to your room and play some and do tummy time, then I give you a bath. You'll nurse again around 7-8pm, play and talk to Daddy for a bit, and then you're usually asleep and in bed by 9:30pm. You only wake up once anywhere from 2-5am and then will go back to sleep until 7:30 or so. It's so nice to be getting sleep again! Every now and then though we have an off night or two, but nothing too major. You also take 2-3 naps a day for 30 min-1 hour.
You're down to just one dose of reflux medicine per day, when it was three. You really seem to be growing out of your gassiness and spitting up. You still spit up, but not as much.
You talk SO much and I love it! You make the cutest sounds and every now and then I'll hear a consonant sound like "m." You still save the best conversations for Daddy, but you talk to everyone now, as long as you know them. You also laugh, which still sounds like a cough or sometimes a weird sound where you get really excited and breath in instead of out. Any day now I expect to hear a belly laugh. We've heard just a few.
You definitely recognize people now. Daddy just looks at you and you'll give a huge smile! I also love when you're in your bouncy seat or somewhere and when I come into your view you get SO excited! You also recognize voices. You went through a little phase where you would cry with new people, but that hasn't happened lately.
Your favorite toys are your pink doggy, rings and crinkly books. Your favorite activities are Peek-a-boo (we always get a smile with that!), watching TV (a little too much for my liking!), being in your Bumbo, the bouncy chair, your playmat and chilling on our bed. I love diaper changes because you love to be naked and you do some of your best talking and laughing that way!
Developmentally you're at or above age level in all areas. Way to go baby!
You have changed our lives so much in these past 3 months and I can't even express how much we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment