Emma you are 17 weeks old!
(on August 24)
You had a big week this week with lots of firsts! This week:
~you took a nap in your crib for the first time! You slept for about 40 minutes while Momma got to put your clothes away and pack up clothes that don't fit. It made me sad to see some of your cutest outfits that no longer fit.
~you have become an official thumb and finger sucker! You constantly suck on your thumb and index finger of your left hand, just like in the picture! Daddy was a big thumb sucker too, so I guess you'll take after him on that one.
~you started splashing with your feet in the tub. You've always loved your baths, but pretty much just sat there calmly while sucking your fingers. Now you move your feet and grab on to the sides with your hands.
~you started to reach out for things while on your tummy. You really don't mind your tummy time at all now and will go about 10 minutes straight without fussing. I put a toy in front of you and you reached out to push it a little.
~you rolled over 3 times in a row from your tummy to back! You hadn't rolled again since the very first time, but this time your Daddy and Nanis got to see you do it!
~you have stopped using the shield to nurse! Well not 100%, but now it's about 50/50, which is a huge difference. It made me very excited, especially since Koda tore up one of them so now we're down to just 1.
~you have become quite the little imitator! You like to imitate sounds that Daddy makes and it's quite amusing to hear the two of you go back and forth with your silly sounds!
~you went to the Children's Museum for the first time! Truthfully it was a little over stimulating for you with all the kids and things to look at, but you liked the mirrors and being outside, where it wasn't too crowded. We will definitely take you back as you get older and can interact with the kids and activities.
~you went to church for the first time! I admit I don't have the best attendance record at church, but I'm changing that so we can go together, especially with your baptism coming up. You did great! You stared at the man behind us for half the time and then got fussy for about 5 seconds. As soon as I stood up with you in the back, you fell right to sleep and slept the rest of the time.
~you went to your first movie on a date with Mommy! Our local movie theater does a Mommy Matinee every Wendesday and this week we went to see "The Help." I was a little distracted by the other babies, but you did great! You ate twice and slept through most of it. About the last 10 minutes you woke up happy as could be and proceeded to talk through the rest of it. I'm so sad that I didn't take a picture of us, but we'll just have to go again. And the movie was great, but I'll definitely have to watch it again without distractions.
~you experienced your very first thunderstorm (and true rain!). In fact, your weekly picture was taken in the dark because we were without power for almost 2 hours! Emma you are almost 4 months old and this is the first time that it's rained for more than a minute! You just happened to be born during a long Texas drought.
~you amaze us every day!

No comments:
Post a Comment