background

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Special Day-August 15


Monday, August 15th, was Emma's first day of daycare. Would you believe me if I said I didn't cry at all? Yeah. I didn't think so. I started crying Sunday evening and pretty much didn't stop until I picked her up. Tray and Emma left at 7am and I made it until 12:00 noon before going to pick her up. I was actually done with work at 10am but I made myself go run some errands before going to get her so she could get used to it. They said she did great and Tray said she only cried a little bit when he dropped her off. That's right, Tray dropped her off by himself because A. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to function if I had dropped her off and B. it's Tray's employee daycare close to his school, which is the opposite direction of where I work. There were only 2 other babies there so I know she was well taken care of. We were running late in the morning so I only got one picture of her as I put her in the truck.




She was worn out and slept alot when we got home. Tuesday was a little more rough in the morning and Tray said she was really upset. I picked her up at 1:30. Wednesday morning she didn't cry at all because Tray put her in the Bumbo instead of handing her to the teacher and I picked her up a little after 3pm. She had her first artwork hanging on the wall Wednesday-her hand and feet prints! She's been happy but worn out each day. As hard as it's been for me I know she's in good hands and it's good for her development. And depending on what happens with my job situation, she may only be going for another week.


So you're probably wondering why starting daycare would be such a special day for us. And here's where I tell you that's not why Monday was so special. Aside from starting daycare, Monday marked one year since we found out that we were going to be parents! What a difference a year makes! Sadly I didn't take a picture of Tray and I that day, but I remember like it was yesterday. It was a Sunday morning when I took the test and I remember going grocery shopping with Tray. That trip took on a whole new meaning as we shopped for food and I thought about the little bean that I was now responsible for nourishing. Makes me want to cry because I really miss being pregnant!


This year we celebrated by going on a long walk (the first real exercise for mommy in MONTHS!). Emma fell asleep about three quarters of the way into it, thus making me walk longer so she could get in a quick nap. She had taken off her sunglasses and let them fall, but kept her hand by her face.






I love her sweet cheeks and poochy lips when she sleeps!


When we got home we both got baths, ate and commemorated the day by doing her foot prints in a clay mold.


Emma and Daddy, August 15, 2011



Mommy and Emma

I wonder what August 15, 2012 will look like?!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your story, it almost made me cry. Amo