background

Friday, February 24, 2012

40 Weeks

Emma you are 40 weeks old!

(on February 1)


This week:


~we started it off with a bang and I had bad mommy moment #2.

So, remember when I said that I changed your stroller and put the foot rest down?

Yeah. Remember that as you read this story.

So we're at the Mommy Expo with friends and we had stopped to make a foot print tile. We were helping each other and once we had done yours I sat you in your stroller with a Mum Mum so I could help another mom. Your stroller was literally RIGHT behind me touching my leg, but I had my back to you. You were being so good (like always!) and didn't make a peep. As I finished helping I turn around and you're on the floor in front of your stroller just eating your Mum Mum! I immediately asked the other moms if they had put you there and they all thought that I had put you on the floor. Momentary FREAK OUT! I thought you had fallen out, but then I realized that you probably would have cried or I for sure would have felt you. I hadn't buckled you in so we came to the conclusion that you just slid out the bottom. You never made a sound and I never felt anything. I felt so bad because you scraped your arm and it was all red, but you were still happy as could be! Sorry baby!

~you've been scooching forward a little bit while you're sitting on your booty.


~you've also slowly been going forward on your belly. Along with pushing off your toes, you also use your arm to drag yourself forward a little bit. Then on February 1st, you did your first real army crawls.


~I caught the tale end of you sitting up alone in your crib! I walked in to get you from a nap and you were sitting up like a big girl.


~you had peaches for the first time on 1-29.


you love strawberries


~you started dancing! I usually put your puppy Violet in your crib when you go to sleep and whenever I turn on the music you'll start to bounce. It's too cute!


~you've been LOVING Sesame Street! That's pretty much the only TV you watch and your favorites are Elmo and Abby Cadabby.


~we found out that you're going to have another BOY cousin! Cousin Anthony is going to be a big brother and he's so excited!


~I felt your top right tooth poke through on the 1st.

~you started clapping! Out of nowhere you just started doing it on the 1st. I always sing songs with you and clap your hands so I guess you finally got it.

~I could stare at you all day. You're just so cute!

No comments: