background

Thursday, October 27, 2011

26 Weeks

Emma you are 26 weeks!

(on October 26)



This week:


~you cracked your Daddy and I up with your silly ways! One night you were totally asleep on my shoulder as I was trying to burp you. Tray opened the day to let the dogs out and when you heard the door you instantly popped your head up with a big smile on your face! We laughed so hard and I wish I had it on video. It was actually the second time you'd done that!


~you were having troubles going potty. You went 4.5 days without going, which is NOT normal! You made up for it though and it took a couple of days to get regular again.


~everytime you smile, your tongue is sticking out! This was a pic from your 2nd pumpkin patch experience. I'll post more pics in a separate post.




~your personality has grown. Basically that's a nice way of saying that you get MAD when something is taken away from you! And let me clarify, I am not taking things away from you to be mean. Usually when I'm getting you dressed you're playing with something. Well, when it comes time to put your arms through, that's when you get mad and will let out a cry and turn red! It's very short lived but I just have to laugh whenever you do it!


~you've been practicing more gross motor skills and are working on transitioning from sitting to laying. Right now you just basically lunge forward and end up on your tummy. Surprisingly, you haven't cried at all each time you've done it. You have taken a couple of tumbles though when sitting and one of those made you cry. I felt like a bad mommy!


LOVE those cheeks!

~your silly antics also include licking my clothes! One night you just started doing it and squealing as you do! That's pretty much been your sound of choice this week, just a high pitched squeal!


~my favorite development has been the way you have started to reach for us. When you're in your bouncy or swing you'll lift your arms up whenever we're going to pick you up. And my favorite is after bath when you're sitting on the changing pad, you keep turning to me and hugging me! Love it!


~your Daddy and I have been amazed at the way you play with toys. One night we were watching you play and I said to Tray, "When did she become this little person that knows what to do with toys?" Your favorite toy lately is one that has a big button in the middle to activate the music. As soon as that toy is in reach you will grab it and start hitting the middle to play the music! It really is amazing to watch and it makes me sad at the same time!



I've always loved babies in jeans!


~you discovered almost Tio Joseph's beard! This was at their engagement dinner. You've loved faces in general for awhile and you've also loved grabbing my hair! Put the two together and watch out! Daddy's chest hair is also a favorite!



~you had your 6 month appointment. Everything looks great! You weigh 18 pounds and are 25.5 inches long! You were so excited at the appointment because I let you play with the paper and you had a great time! You got 3 shots and an oral vaccine. You were fine with the first 2 shots, but the last one you instantly turned beet red and screamed! The nurse said that all the babies scream with that one. Thankfully you won't need anymore until 12 months.


~we love to see you learn every day!

No comments: