Cutest ladybug ever! This was the only picture with the hat because it was way too tight!
As it turns out though, we were only able to do about half of what we had planned. If there's one thing I've learned so far being a mommy, it's that things don't always go as planned when there's a baby involved!
Our weekend of fun started on Thursday with a craft day with my fellow mom's of the support group/mom's group we attend. We made super cute turkey onesies complete with a matching bow and tutu! Sadly I didn't take any pics, but you'll see lots of pics when Emma sports her outfit later this month! It was right around nap time and we were there for a few hours, so I wore her in the Bjorn the whole time and she took a nap. Then it was home to relax. This pic was taken on Emma's exact half birthday! 10-27-11 at 6:00 pm. Doesn't she look thrilled?! I have a feeling I'll get this "come on mom you're embarrassing me" look alot!
Friday we had another busy day planned. It started with 6 month pictures at JCPenney. I've taken her every month and I love looking back at her pictures! We got some really cute ones! After that we were supposed to meet up with the mom's at a pumpkin patch, but that got cancelled because it had rained a bunch (finally!) and was a tad bit chilly. Missed event #1. It worked out fine though because we had plenty of time to meet up with my dad and cousin Amy who had flown in from South Texas for the weekend festivities. I was excited because this was the first time for Amy to meet Emma! We had lunch at Papa's Barbecue and Emma sat in a highchair for the very first time! I was too lazy to go back to the car for the highchair cover so we went without.
I love these next pictures! Emma loves her Pipa, especially because he always tries to sneak her food!
"come on Pipa, give me some tea!"
"okay then I'll just get it myself!"
"I don't taste anything."Amy spent the night with us on Friday night. We went to dinner at Panera that night and just caught up with each other.
Saturday was a BIG day in our house! Emma had solids for the first time! I made her some oatmeal and she did alright with it. She did better than I thought for the first time, but she hasn't really liked it since and has actually gagged with it. We've since done pear and she really likes that! I've been giving her a sippy cup of water at each feeding just so she can practice and know that we drink with meals. She's had two sips of it and is not a fan!


Of course my favorite part about starting solids is all the funny faces we've gotten from her! She's actually shuttered a couple times too! Just a tad bit dramatic!
After getting dressed we headed to our old high school for their fall fest. I remember dancing at the fall fest when I was in high school and I thought it would be fun to take Emma each year. It was nice because we got to see all of our families and they got to see our cute little ladybug!
I knew there wouldn't be much for Emma to do, but I thought this was a cute photo op for her. She looks so little next to Tray!
It was pretty chilly and windy so she got to wear her crocheted hat for the first time since the ladybug one didn't fit. I love the expression, or lack of, on her face!

We got to see some friends and some of our teachers from when we were in school. I like this picture because you can see the stadium where Tray played football and I danced before we were even a blip on each other's radar!

She was tired and this is how she feel asleep-holding her balloon in one hand and her bow in the other. Her nose had started to run and she was a little fussy. I should've known something was going on.
By the time we got home her nose was really running and she had started to cough and sneeze alot. That night she slept for 3 hours and then pretty much didn't sleep much after that. And neither did I. We layed on the couch because she was having trouble breathing while laying flat. She didn't have a fever and was acting okay, but it still scared me.
On Sunday we were supposed to go to the Renaissance Festival with my sister and her friends, but decided not to go. Missed event #2. It was a little chilly and I didn't want Emma to get worse. Plus with the lack of sleep on both our parts, we were in no mood to go. I was so bummed because I was really looking forward to people watching, cute photo ops for Emma and a turkey leg! I haven't been to the Renaissance Festival in years and was really excited. Emma was going to be a bee!
(she wore this outfit on Tuesday. well, minus the antennae. that was just for the picture!)
Instead we hung out on the couch all day and tried to get better. Thank goodness she never ran a fever and was still pretty much her same silly self! Sunday night she slept for about 2 hours and then woke up and could not sleep flat anymore. Each time I tried to lay her down she would start to cry. Tray ended up sleeping on the couch while Amy was in the spare room. We got a little more sleep, but only because Emma slept on me in the bed the REST OF THE NIGHT! It wasn't the most comfortable, but we both got much needed rest.
On Monday morning we had planned on going to support group all dressed up in costume for Halloween, but Emma still wasn't feeling well, so we didn't go. Missed event #3. In fact lots of the babies were sick. The weather change really did a number on their little bodies! We had to drop Amy off at the airport, so we took some pictures before leaving.

I love this pictue of her and her cute outfit! She may look happy, but she was super congested and had a bad cough.
On the way to the airport Emma kept crying out in her sleep and was just generally fussy. It dawned on me that her gums looked swollen and when I felt her gums I could feel a little bump. So not only did she have her first cold, but she's working on her first tooth! She finally fell asleep in the car and we were able to see Amy off at the airport. When I got home I gave her some Tylenol and she seemed better. Tray had a football game that night and wouldn't be home for the trick or treaters. I had planned on dressing Emma up and sitting in the driveway to hand out candy. And maybe get a little for me to munch on during the week! Ha! However, since she wasn't feeling well and it was chilly outside, we didn't do anything. Missed event #4. I felt SO bad because we didn't even hand out candy!
Instead I did one of my favorite things.....
.......photo shoot!
But this is how she was really feeling.
I gave her some more Tylenol and put her to bed. Thank goodness we got good sleep this night.
Since Thursday she's been the same. I hate seeing her sick! Thank God she's still happy and silly, making us laugh like always! So even though it wasn't the Halloween I was planning with all the sickness and Tray having to work, it was still special.
No comments:
Post a Comment