background

Friday, September 30, 2011

22 Weeks

Emma you are 22 weeks old!

(on September 28)



This week:


~you've added 2 new sounds: growling and clearing your throat! The growling is kind of more like a grunt, but the clearing the throat thing sounds like it hurts! One night you just started doing it over and over. You always make yourself cough and will scare yourself and blink your eyes alot. I got it on video so we'll always remember it!


~you started to do consecutive rolls on the 22nd. It's funny to watch you do it because you're still pretty slow, but cute nonetheless! I slightly freaked out one night because you were playing in your room and I went downstairs to grab something. When I started to walk back into your room I didn't see you right away. When I completely walked in I saw that you had rolled over by your crib and your legs were half way underneath it. Time to start baby proofing!


~you've become really social! You smile at anyone that talks to you and at your Tia LuLu's bridal shower you let everyone pass you around. Later that night you didn't go to sleep until 11:30 because you just wanted to play with Pipa! And apparently you didn't want to miss anything!


~I found out that you and Daddy have been hiding a secret from me! After your bath one night you were being extra silly. You were cracking up every time I said "boo!" When your Daddy came upstairs he said that you laugh that way when he blows on you at the same time as saying "boo!" I started to do it and it was the funniest and cutest thing ever! He admitted that you guys had been playing that game for awhile! It was hilarious!


~you've been doing a scrunchy nose smile that is too cute!


~you've been letting your tongue just barely hang out pretty much all the time! Your Tia Tita says you look like Gordies, Nanis and Pipa's bulldog! That's okay baby, she's always said that I look like a bulldog too. And guess what? They're my favorite dog! I used to have one named Cessi and I wish you could have met her.


~you've been really interested in our cell phones. Daddy's is touch screen and you like to touch it. On mine you like to watch the videos of yourself. If you're fussy, you'll be quiet and watch yourself!


~you've been sitting for a few seconds by yourself! Even though you look so cute doing it, it's another major milestone, which means you're growing up! You do it really good on the changing pad and in bed, since it has a little more give. On the regular floor you can only do about 3 seconds.


~you went one whole day, almost 2, without going potty! Usually you go 2-3 times a day! I know this isn't major, but what WAS major was your diaper once you finally went! Thankfully Daddy was home because it definitely required teamwork......and 5 wipes!


~you just get cuter, sweeter and funnier every day!

No comments: