background

Friday, September 9, 2011

4 Months

Emma you are four months old!






You weigh around 15 pounds. That's according to our scale, which tells me I weigh something different every time, so I'm not so sure about that.


You wear size 3-6 month clothes and they fit perfectly. You also wear size 1 shoe.


You are still wearing size 2 diapers.


You're still getting straight breastmilk. You're still using the shield about 50% of the time but I'll take that over 100% like it used to be! You usually nurse for about 30-40 minutes each time. If you take a bottle you can take 5.75 ounces. We try to give you 6 sometimes but you usually spit up.




You're still sleeping great and have better naps thanks to daycare. Even though you haven't been there long, you got on a good nap routine. You go to sleep around 9pm and will sleep 5-8 hours before getting up to eat. You go right back to sleep and will sleep another 3-4 hours before getting up again. I hate having to wake you up for daycare at 6am because you're always sleeping so peacefully. If we let you wake up on your own, you'll wake up between 8:30-9:30am. You usually take a nap around 11:30 and then again around 2:30 and sometimes a late one around 5pm.


I've been trying to wean you completely off the reflux medicine, but you still need it once a day. When you don't get it you will spit up more and get fussy during nightime feedings. You'll also do the gagging thing.





You've been going through phases with some of your toys. You had stopped liking your swing and playmat for awhile, but now you love them again. Now it's your Bumbo that you won't stay in for long. You'll play "alone" for a good 15-25 minutes, which is nice when I have to do stuff. I say "alone" because I can always see you and will constantly check on you.


You still like your musical toys that you'll activate on your own. You also love to grab things like your rings, burp cloths or our faces. You're still taking everything to your mouth which makes me think you're teething, but I still don't feel anything.


"hi! i'm emma. what's your name?"

There's so many times of the day that I love with you. My favorites are the morning, bathtime and when Daddy gets home. In the evening you're always looking for Daddy. After you eat you will always look to your left and smile when you see him! It makes me sad when you do it during the day and he's at work. I love to hear you two going back and forth with silly sounds. I also love to hear you laugh! We get the biggest laughs with Peek-a-Boo and tickling you.


Developmentally you're still right on track, except in adaptive behavior. You're one month behind but that's because you're not holding your bottle (you've only done that once) or eating foods. No worries!


You've grown so much this month both physically and developmentally! I hate to see you growing so fast, but I'm loving every second with you! I know I say it all the time, but we love you SO much!

No comments: