This week:
~you fell asleep on your own! Twice! Usually after your early morning feed you'll fall back asleep really quickly either while I'm burping you or right after I swaddle you back up. One morning you weren't falling back to sleep but I knew you were still tired. I layed you down with your paci and swaddled and when I went back to check on you, you were asleep! Later that day for nap the same thing happened. I had swaddled you but you wouldn't fall asleep, so in the co-sleeper you went and when I checked on you about 15 minutes later you were peacefully sleeping. Now, if we could just get you to keep doing that...
~you've been reaching for anything and everything! Newspaper. Check. Straws. Check. Toys. Check. Your favorite? Our mouths and noses!
~you've been laughing lots! Thanks to finding your ticklish spots (and just because you're such a happy baby), everyone has heard you laugh and we all agree. It's the sweetest sound!
~for the first time you relaxed in the Baby Bjorn forward facing! You loved it!
~you had your first "cold." Actually I'm not sure it was a cold at all. Honestly I think it was your shots from earlier in the week, but you had a runny nose and were warmer than normal. I didn't give you anything, but we did the saline mist a few times and you were fine in a couple of days.
~because you were so congested, we did lots of suctioning. You generally don't mind suctioning at all and will actually kind of laugh and smile. However, this week you were doing a "fake" cough. As soon as I would put my hand on your head and get close to you with the suction you would cough and stick out your tongue while turning your head away. It made me laugh every time! You're taking after your Daddy on the whole dramatic thing!
~you've been anticipating our tickles and will start to laugh as soon as we start coming towards you with our hands and say "I'm gonna get you!" You get that from me. I'm really ticklish.
~you were baptized! That occasion will get it's own post, but it was on September 4th and it was beautiful!
~your little personality makes us love you more every day! (if that's even possible!)

1 comment:
I want to bite those legs.
Nanis
Post a Comment