background

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Two Months

Emma you are 2 months old!




You weigh 12 lbs.


You wear 0-3 month clothes. You're also in between shoe sizes. All of your newborn ones are too small, but the size 1's look huge on you!


You are still wearing size 1 and 1-2 diapers.


You are still on 100% breastmilk and have been since about 2 1/2 weeks. Even then we only gave you formula occasionally. You normally eat every 2-3.5 hours, but sometimes you go longer or even shorter, like every hour! (but that's rare nowadays) You will nurse f0r 20-45 minutes normally, again sometimes longer or shorter, but normally around the 30 minute range. If I give you a bottle you can take a little over 5 ounces, but will spit up, so I'd say you can safely take 4.5 ounces.




You wake up 1-2 times at night. Two nights in a row you slept from 10-5! We went to bed at 11pm but were still able to get 6 hours of sleep! It was wonderful! It hasn't really happened since though, but you will go 4-5 hour stretches regularly. You still love to be held tight and rocked to sleep. We've started to use the Swaddle Me blankets and you seem to like them.


You're still really gassy and are taking Zantac for reflux. I'm still not convinced it's totally helping, but it has helped some. You cough alot and get an awful look on your face while you swallow the stuff down that you were coughing up, so that still sounds like reflux to me! You also still spit up, but I think it's a normal amount of baby spit up. The gassiness is what still makes you uncomfortable at night. Sometimes even though you're sleeping and don't fully wake up, you and I don't sleep well because you're constantly moving and grunting. Then you'll let out a really big one and then settle down.


You love to smile and definitely know who your mommy and daddy are! I'll never get tired of seeing you open your eyes and then smile big when you see me!


You also love to talk! You'll talk most when you have a full belly and aren't tired. However, your daddy is the only one who can get you to talk the most. He's even made you giggle a couple of times! His favorite is when you make a long sound and you'll go really high pitched and then come back down. It's too cute! My favorite is when you open your mouth real big like something came out, but nothing does! You try so hard!


You still love your carseat and riding in the car. You have started to look more at your hanging toys and have also noticed your feet. You do so well on your play mat and have started to hit the toys with your hands, though not always purposely. You definitely know how to kick your legs and will purposely bounce yourself in the bouncy seat or kick the toys on the playmat.



As much as I said before you got here that you wouldn't be a pacifier baby, you totally are! It definitely calms you down and you need it about 85% of the time to fall asleep. Once you're asleep you let it fall out and then I take it away. If you're just drowsy with your eyes closed but not fully asleep, you'll scream if it falls out! When you're just happy and playing though you don't need it. As you get older I'll take it away when the time is right and you will most definitely NOT be using it once you start talking! I hate to see kids trying to talk while they have a pacifier in their mouth!


Developmentally you are at 2 months or above in all areas. We definitely need to do more tummy time. You still tolerate it well for 5-10 minutes, but I have trouble timing when to put you down because I don't want you to spit up!


We've definitely hit the fun stage with all the smiling and talking you're doing! It's also just easier now that you're bigger and can play alone for short times. Honest mommy moment: I admit that I said it wasn't fun in the beginning. I wouldn't change one second with you and never thought I could love something so much, but it was HARD the first few weeks! Taking care of a newborn plus breastfeeding plus crazy hormones equaled a very emotional mommy! Now all those times are just a blur and I wish I could remember them better, but I know some of the best times are yet to come!


We ALL love you SO much!

No comments: