background

Saturday, June 11, 2011

6 Weeks

Emma you are 6 weeks old!



(I have no idea why it uploaded this way, but at least you can see her cute smile better!)

This week you:


~started taking Zantac for reflux. It helps some, but you still have some issues that worry me. You don't spit up as much or do your gagging thing, but you cough alot out of nowhere like you're choking. I'm going to talk to the doctor about it at your 2 month check up.


~gave me the worst scare so far. I felt like a bad mommy and accidentally over fed you because you were being really fussy and I thought you were hungry. Well you had just stopped feeding and while I was getting ready to burp you your WHOLE ENTIRE feeding came spewing out of you and it scared me so bad! You weren't phased one bit, but I felt sooo bad afterwards! I'm sorry baby!


~have been using your hand as a pacifier. Instead of just sucking on it when you're hungry, you'll suck on it after a feeding, in between feedings, and when you're sleepy. You're working real hard on trying to get your whole hand in there!


~are getting much better with head control. You've always been good at the shoulder or when sitting, but had some major head lag when pulling you up to sitting. Now you don't have any. Your daddy likes to stand you up and you'll stand really well and then smile!


~are trying to laugh! I think you're so close! A couple of times you've done a little hiccup type thing while smiling and I can't wait to hear your cute little laugh!


~visited your Daddy and Nanis (my mom) at work. You did SO good at your Daddy's work while he carried you throughout the whole school and showed you off. You were really tired by the time we got to Nanis' work, so we didn't stay too long, but all of the ladies loved you! The #1 comment we hear is "look at those cheeks!" followed by "look at all that hair!" followed by "her eyes are beautiful!"

~are the most beautiful thing we've ever seen!

No comments: