Emma you are 8 weeks old!
(on June 22)

This week you:
~have been letting out some impressive gas! You're still really gassy but at least you don't have as much trouble getting it out anymore, but it still interrupts your sleep. It strikes the worse in the morning. Your Daddy and I can't help but laugh, and question if it was each other because some of your toots would put a grown man's to shame!
~your face looks better as far as acne, but it's starting to spread to your neck and chest and I think you have a little bit of cradle cap. I'll be talking to your pedi about it on Tuesday.
~gave yourself your first bad scratch right near your eye. Lately you've been rubbing your eyes when you get sleepy so we had to break out the little mittens for the first time. You haven't let them get in the way of sucking on your hands though!
~have given mommy some head butts! Your neck control is pretty good, but when you get tired your head just knocks mommy in the face when I'm trying to burp you. I'm just glad you haven't cried from it.
~speaking of cries, you've added a new one to your list. Previously you've had a hungry, sleepy, dirty diaper, gassy and plain fussy cry. Now you have a "scared" cry and I hate it! It makes me want to cry because it's one of those where you stop breathing and just leave your mouth open. It came about when you were trying to fall asleep one morning and Boomer let out one of his long howls. It's happened a couple other times now and I just hold you real close and love on you. I hate to see you scared!
~but on the flip side, the fans have been cracking you up this week and you'll just look at them and smile bunches! Love those smiles so much!
~you are loving your play mat and are starting to kick the toys! You also kick to make yourself move in the bouncy seat. You're also starting to use your hands. Those movements aren't as purposeful as your legs, but the other day you got ahold of your hanging puppy dog and held on to him the whole time you were on the mat.
~are looking so grown up!
No comments:
Post a Comment