background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

One Month

Emma you are 1 month old!





You weigh around 11 and a half pounds.


You wear 0-3 month clothes. You have a couple of newborn pants that still fit.


You wear size 1 and 1-2 diapers. (Mommy didn't realize that the diapers at Sams that said "size 1-2" actually meant 1 TO 2, not sizes 1 AND 2. They're a little big but still fit.)


You eat every 2-3 hours for 20-45 minutes. If you take a bottle you'll eat 3-4 ozs. You switch back and forth well and you still use the shield to breastfeed.



~ready to run errands with Mommy on your 1 month birthday!~


You wake up 2-3 times at night, depending on when you go to sleep. The hardest part is getting you to STAY asleep once I put you down. The other night I put you down and after I layed down I turned to look at you and you were staring at me with wide open eyes!


You have a little bit of reflux and are really gassy, but I think we're getting it under control.


You like to be held real tight and close while being rocked to sleep. Swaddling is hit or miss. You really like to stretch out while you sleep and seem to need at least one arm out.



~not too happy with being naked!~


You haven't quite gotten the hang of falling asleep on your own without being held, but honestly I don't mind one bit having to rock you to sleep!


You love your paci, going for rides in the car, being held and movement.


You're smiling more and more and starting to talk to us. So cute! Makes all the sleepless nights worth it!



~this is Mommy's Real Baby that she got when she was 3. I can't believe that my actual real baby is the same size at 1 month!~


You hold your head really well and bear weight really well on your legs. You toletate tummy time, but it's not your favorite.


Mommy did your first evaluation and developmentally you are at 1-2 months in all areas!


You still make us laugh and smile everyday with your yawns, stretches, sounds (you love to grunt!), faces and the way you latch.


We love you so much!

No comments: