Emma you are 13 months old!
Here's a list of some of the fun things that happened this month!
*you got your first tooth brush on May 1st. I figured it was time you started brushing your (almost) 10 teeth! That includes 3 of your 4, 1 year molars (the last one is the one that's been giving you trouble for awhile, but I think it's finally popped through to stay.)
*on May 2nd I realized that you had started to appropriately respond "yeah" to certain things.
*on the 3rd you started to use a fork with some help. I'll put the food on the fork and then you take it from there.
*you started laying on the floor on your tummy and kicking your legs. It's so cute to watch, especially because it's not in a throwing-a-tantrum kind of way, it's just a "i'm just chilling" way.
*also on the 3rd you started to say "ball." It sounds more like "doll" (and not to be confused with "dog").
*you had your first fever on the 4th. Well, it technically wasn't a fever according to all the baby websites and the doctors because it was only 99.6, but you've never been that warm before and it was enough for me to notice.
*on the 5th you experienced your first petting zoo! We went to a birthday party for your twin friends and they had a petting zoo with goats, a deer, a llama and some other small things. I sadly didn't get any pictures because I didn't have enough arms, but you did so good! You seemed right at home and kept calling all the goats "dog." You didn't hesitate in touching them and didn't mind when they came up to you and licked you.
*on the 5th you also had your first sippy cup of breastmilk. You sucked down 5 ounces without even taking the straw from your mouth!
*you tried the yummy goodness that is peanut butter on the 7th! No surprise, you loved it! I was SO nervous, but there was no reaction and since then PB&J has become a favorite lunch.
*on the 9th you said your first 2 word phrase: "night dog." Now you'll regularly tell them goodnight.
*the 12th was a big day! You finally stood up on us! Like I've said before, you've been pulling to stand for a long time, but you still wouldn't stand up on our legs when we were standing up. Once you did it, there was no turning back! Now I get to look down and see your cute face looking up at me!
*you were moved up to size 5 diapers on the 12th. The only reason was because we ran out of 4's and I had a box of 5's, but they fit so much better so they're here to stay.
*you experienced your first taste of steak on the 12th. Daddy made some good steaks for Mother's Day and you got to enjoy as well!
*on the 16th you played in grass for the first time. It didn't phase you one bit, but you don't really like to crawl in it. You do more of a bear crawl through it.
*your vocabulary is starting to explode this month! New words/sounds are: "rawr, tickle tickle, light, eyes." You also know where your hair and cheeks are. For some reason you can also point to other people's eyes, but WILL NOT point to your own! You're so funny!
Some other things about this month: you weigh around 26 pounds and according to my measurements are still 29 inches. You still nurse 4-6 times a day and sleep is so-so,( but pretty good naps). You LOVE your Sesame Street miniatures and your babies. You say "hi" to anyone and everyone and you are so sweet. You're still as laid back as always and you're so funny! You don't get frustrated with anything but you've started to shake your head "no" when you're done with something or you don't want to do what we ask. We love you more and more each day and I'm so excited to spend the summer with you and daddy! I love you baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment