Emma you are 14 months old!
This month:
~Momma finally taught you something cool! Whenever we say "who let the dogs out?" you respond with a "woof woof." Love it!
~on May 28th you spiked your first official fever of 101.7. Luckily you responded really well to Tylenol, but it wouldn't last for long. THEN on the 31st the doctor confirmed your first ear infection. I hated to see you in pain, but I thank God that the medicine worked and you only needed one round of antibiotics. Now I'm praying that you won't have anymore!
~you started to put your baby "night night." It is so sweet to watch you put your baby on your shoulder and pat her back!
~I realized that you understood what your "paci" was. It just dawned on me one day that when I said it, you looked for it and found it by yourself.
~on June 4th you started making the cutest fish face ever! You love the book "Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See" and I always do the animal sounds as we read it. One morning you started imitating the fish face and now you do it all the time! You LOVE looking at fish, especially at Bass Pro and Cabella's.
~you also started doing the most adorable scrunchy face! You scrunch your nose and squint your eyes while breathing in and out real quick. It seriously never gets old.
~you made everyone laugh at Nana and Pops' house when out of nowhere you layed down in the middle of the room and said "night night." You were literally crawling one second and then laying with your head down the next. Silly girl!
~on June 11th I saw you take your first step! Daddy saw you do it about a week earlier. Don't get too excited yet though because it was literally just one wobbly step and then you fell to your knees. You're definitely on your own schedule!
~you made your first scribbles, also on the 11th. We were eating dinner and you made a couple of scribbles on the placemat. Of course I kept it.
~you had your first vacation. And last vacation for awhile! Ha!
~one of the bright sides of vacation was your mini language explosion! You added "bow, bonk, bye bye" and the sign for "please" to your vocab. You've also recently started saying "da-ee" for "daddy". Smart girl!
~one night you made me cry from laughing so hard! We were on our walk to check the mail and out of nowhere you say "night night". You've started to associate "night night" with putting your head down to the side, so when I peeked at you, you had layed back in the stroller with your head leaning to the side and you were SQUEEZING your eyes SO tight to try and fall asleep. We laughed so hard!
~you turned into the grape monster. You love red grapes!
~you defended your Smarty Pants title and now when I give you a bath, at the end you'll point to the toothpaste and say "ah" for me to brush your teeth.
~you continue to love Sesame Street. Some parts bore you, but as soon as Elmo comes on, you literally start clapping and dancing.
~you have been able to stack 2 and 3 blocks all by yourself! We're so proud of you!
~you've started having mini-2-second-tantrums where you'll shake side to side and whine if you don't like something. If that's the worst you've got, I can handle it!
Some other info:
You're still eating, nursing and sleeping great (with the BIG exception of vacation). You're around 27 pounds. You wear 12-18 month clothes and 18-24 or 2T in separates. You have a longer torso so shirts are usually shorter on you, so I go up a size or two. I get you bigger shorts so that they're not so tight on your belly!
You're starting to keep your bows in again. For awhile you would just rip them right out. Now sometimes you'll touch your head and say "bow?" and if we tell you to put it on you'll try, and end up throwing it behind your head.
You're starting to get more adventurous with climbing, but you're by no means a dare devil. We finally put a baby gate on the stairs because all you wanted to do was play on them.
You've been loving your babies, books and miniatures......and we've been loving every minute with you!
1 comment:
I was shaking my head in agreement with a lot of this...we have such smart girls!
Post a Comment