background

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Weekend

So, apparently I spoke too soon when I mentioned in one of my last posts that Emma was on the mend after a mysterious 2 days of fever.  Yeah, not so much.  She had fever on Monday (Memorial Day) and Tuesday and then was super fussy on Wednesday, but no fever.  On Wednesday night she would be playing fine and then would randomly start crying and touch the right side of her head.  She didn't want to eat and was feeding the dogs her blueberries.  Now that my friends, is a rarity!  She is a blueberry monster!  By Thursday morning I knew something was up because she started crying as soon as I put her down to play.  Normally she's super happy in the morning.  I called and got an appointment for that morning.

She was super fidgety in the waiting room and didn't want anything I had to offer.  Luckily there were lots of people for her to say "hi" to!  I was glad I had called though.  As a new mom I had already scheduled one too many appointments only for them to tell me that it was just a cold, but I knew this time was different.

Well, my fear was confirmed: ear infection.

We saw a new doctor since her normal pedi didn't have any appointments.  I liked the new doctor and I really liked that there's a new round of residents and nurse practitioners tagging along.  You get a lot more information when they're explaining things to the residents!

We started amoxicillin that day.  I still had to give her Tylenol because she still seemed to be in pain.  Luckily one of the moms in our group is a pediatric physician assistant and is so sweet and always willing to answer questions! 

This was Wednesday after nap time.  She was sometimes happy, and lots of times unhappy, but always rockin' the crazy hair! 



On Friday morning one of the amoxicillin side effects (think poop!) had affected Emma, so she had her first bath by 10:00 am!  We hung out most of the day and I got my craft on for my sister's shower.

Saturday we had my sister's baby shower at my parent's house.  Emma was doing better and I thought I was timing it to where she would get a good 45 minute nap on the way there, but not so!  She fussed half way there and then only slept maybe 30 minutes, and that's only because we took the long scenic route to my parent's!

She was decked out in her party dress though!


She was happy for the first couple hours, but then the no nap and lots of people started to affect her.  I brought out MY collection of miniatures (we left her beloved Sesame Street ones at home) and that made her happy.



Special moment indeed!




Pipa tried to put her to sleep, and he did, but only for about 10 minutes.




I didn't take hardly ANY pictures, but I took a picture of one of my decorations because I was so proud of my cars and trucks!  They matched the invitation and I drew them freehand!  I also made a diaper wreath and "Welcome Baby" banner.



Here's my beautiful sister and God willing in 2 weeks I'll be holding my new nephew Andy!


When we left the shower Emma was literally passed out within 2 minutes of leaving!  She went to bed at 7:30 that night!

On Sunday we missed church, Emma took a 2.5 hour morning nap and then we ventured out to Academy and Target.  We got her a pool floatie since our pool is open now and we'll be going to Austin soon.  So excited!  She also went to bed at 7:30 this night!  I could get used to that!

Hopefully she continues to get better this week.  Today is Tray's official last day of work and then he'll be home for summer! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE NEW LOOK MAMA.
You really are getting so good at it. Keep up the good work.