Over Spring Break we got to do 2 things that I've been dreaming about since before Emma was born. These are 2 Texas traditions that I wanted to be able to experience with her and I'm so glad that we'll always have these pictures to look back on!
The first was the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. We just happened to pick the record breaking, most crowded day of the rodeo, but it was still fun! There was only one thing that I knew we just had to do and that was Emma's first carousel ride!
| waiting in line with daddy |
We never got a smile out of her, but she held on like a big girl and looked so darn cute!
| still no smiles, but great family picture |
After the carousel we went inside to walk around. It was so hot outside! Inside wasn't too much better because there were SO many people! We didn't even get to see many animals because of how crowded it was. Next year we'll definitely go super early or choose any other day besides family value day during spring break! Ha!
| finally a smile! |
After eating and walking around inside it was time to head to the stadium for the actual rodeo.
| this is when she was learning to blow kisses. i loved the way she looked in her daddy's arms! |
The escalators were jam packed so we took turns pushing the stroller up the 10 million ramps. She was so tired and fell asleep on the way up. I couldn't pass up the photo op with the Astrodome in the background, but I also wasn't waking her up! This is what we got!
| the astrodome will always be special to us since tray got to play there and i danced in there during a playoff game. |
| sleeping beauty |
The nap was short-lived but it was just enough to keep her happy. And yes, that is the ceiling of the stadium behind Emma's head. We were in the nosebleeds, but it was still fun!
And a little tidbit just for my memory. I found myself nursing Emma in the strangest place to date. I only took one bottle and she had already drank it earlier in the day. I knew she would be way too distracted to eat in our seats, so I went in search of a nursing station. They didn't have one, but they had a storage closet full of strollers (you could check your stroller in so you didn't have to leave it in the open). Give me a chair and it did the trick! Who would have thought I'd be feeding my baby in a storage closet on the top level of Reliant Stadium?! Not I!
We didn't get to stay for The Band Perry, but it was still a great day. I'm already looking forward to next year!
Our next adventure was one I was the most excited about!
Bluebonnet pictures!
On the way home from Brenham I was finally able to get the perfect shots. Nevermind that it was on the side of a major highway and I changed her outfit in the car, I was determined!
The color is all wonky in the pictures because in my excitement I didn't bother with the setting on my camera until half way through, so I've edited some and others are just the way I took it.
She wouldn't look at the camera, so I tried the "how big is emma" route. Yeah, that's what I got.
Then, she kept watching all the cars zooming by on 290.
She mainly loved playing with the grass.
......and watching the cars.
It looks like she picked one of the bluebonnets, but I assure you, she didn't break any laws!
Success!
| i love this sweet, innocent face! |
I love the way the pictures turned out and I can't wait to do this every year!
No comments:
Post a Comment