background

Friday, April 6, 2012

49 Weeks

Emma you are 49 weeks old!
(on April 4)


This week:

~you were initiated as a Texan and got your first mosquito bite.  You woke up from a nap with one right on your hairline.  I was nervous that it might swell up, but it wasn't too bad.

i love your pose

~you crawled up a few stairs on March 31.  Time for baby gates!  On that morning you crawled out of your room to find Daddy.  He was sitting on the stairs leading into the "man room" so we decided to see what you would do.  Without hesitation you just crawled right up!  THEN, on April 2 you crawled up ALL the stairs to get to Boomer!  You were huffin' and puffin' and sweating in the end, but you did it!

~you also crawled OVER Boomer one night while getting ready for bathtime.  You were playing with Daddy in your room, but as soon as you heard the water you made a beeline for the bathroom.  Even Boomer blocking the door wasn't going to stop you!


nanis sent pipa to the store to get you a walker and he came back with this princess toy

~you tried watermelon on April 1 and loved it!  We went to a Chinese buffet and for once I didn't pack any food for you.  You dined on chicken, fried rice, veggies and mac & cheese.  You had fruit and a taste of ice cream for desert.


enjoying the beautiful day

~I'm ashamed to admit this next thing, but I think it should be documented.  I hadn't vacuumed in a couple of days and we both paid for it.  You were playing in the playroom and luckily I was watching you when I saw you put something in your mouth.  Immediately I retrieved the object only to find out it was a dried up roly poly.  GAG!  I'm sure it won't be the last time, but YUCK!

~your Daddy has been teaching you new things.  Unfortunately they're not always good things.  This week he taught you to tell me "talk to the hand."  Whenever we say that, you'll put your little hand up in the air.  Nice.


playing with colton at nana & pops'

~you have finally really started playing with your Christmas toy-the farm door.  You will crawl through it and put the eggs and veggies through the cows mouth.  I know you're going to continue loving this toy!

posing with your friends in your Easter attire that we made for you

~you've made me so proud (when don't you!) and you can point to Elmo and a dog in books! 

giving your favorite doll kisses

~I found the source of some recent crankiness......a new tooth!  This will be your 5th tooth on the top and you still only have 2 on the bottom.

i love your 2 tooth smile!  you almost never see your top teeth, but they're equally as cute!

~we finally set up a video monitor and your Daddy happened to catch you doing something really funny.  He had just gotten home from work and you were waking up from a nap.  He caught you standing up in your crib signing "all done!"  It was funny because after you did that you just kept standing in your crib resting your head and then looking at the door. 

here's a preview of your upcoming 1st birthday celebration!

~we love making new memories with you!

No comments: