Growing up Christmas was always my favorite holiday, and it actually still is. I love the weather and the coziness of it all. Emma's first Christmas (that I have yet to actually finish the post on, yikes!) was so exciting, but I have to say, I think I loved celebrating Easter with her more!
Our Easter celebration started on Saturday at our neighborhood egg hunt. This was her second time seeing the Easter bunny and she didn't seem to mind, BUT she wasn't sitting in his (or her, anyone know what the Easter bunny is?) lap.
| patiently waiting for the hunt to start. oh, and this is one of my new favorite pictures of her. she looks like such a big girl! |
| taking a picture with the eggs....... |
| .......that turned in to playing with the eggs! |
She had a great time at the egg hunt, which pretty much involved me putting the eggs around her and then playing with them. She did put quit a few in her basket though.
Easter Sunday started with church in the morning. I thought I was being smart by going to the 9:00am mass. We got there at 8:40 and I could tell it was going to be crowded since the WHOLE parking lot was FULL! We got the last spot and ended up standing the whole time. Emma did good though and then we were off to Nanis and Pipas.
| i'm so surprised she left the hat on! |
| reading her card from nanis and pipa |
| she found the goldfish right away and didn't want to focus on much else. |
After lunch we had an egg hunt for Anthony and Emma. Anthony is a pro since it was his 4th egg hunt. He helped Emma out a bunch! He brought her all the pink and purple eggs! Ha!
| gettin' some lovin' from gordies! |
The egg hunt started with Pipa giving Emma a hand......
......but then she got heavy so Daddy took over! This next sequence of pictures is my favorite! She's got some mad egg huntin' skills!
| "i see it!" |
| "let me at it daddy!" |
She got a lot of eggs!
| can you find the egg?! |
| emma did! |
Anthony didn't really like Emma touching his eggs, so he gave her a sticker!
After that we headed to Nana and Pops' house. Of course she had to get her swing on!
Then she found the golden egg!
And had her first taste of chocolate! I think it's safe to say she loved it!
She ended the day with some lovin' from Pops.
I had so much fun this Easter, and I think Emma did too!
And just for
memories sake,
this was me
last
Easter......
......5 days overdue and ready to get that baby out!
What a sweet difference a year makes!
No comments:
Post a Comment