background

Monday, March 5, 2012

10 Months

Emma you are 10 months old!

I'm guessing you weigh about 24 1/2 pounds, but it could be closer to 25. I don't think you've gained as much recently and as quickly in the past. At your 9 month appointment on 2-6-12 you weighed 23.13 and measured 28".
You're still in a range of clothing from 6 months up to 12-18 months. Carter's 6 month onesies still fit and most 6-9 month stuff still fits. I think it's mainly because you haven't grown much length-wise.
You're still in size 4 diapers.
You still nurse 5-7 times a day for max 10 minutes. You eat food 2-3 times a day. Breakfast is almost always yogurt, lunch is maybe some finger foods and dinner is a veggie. You're loving butternut squash and sweet peas, which makes your daddy gag! You're really wanting to feed yourself, but you're kind of slow so a lot of times I just feed you. I'm trying to think of new finger foods that you can try and I'll just have to let you get messy!
You're sleeping much, much better and only wake up 1 to 2 times a night. I don't usually feed you when you wake up, you just cry a little and then go back to sleep. Your bed time is still between 8:30-9:00 and you'll sleep about 10-11 hours. Your naps are good and usually about an hour, twice a day.
Your personality has developed even more and you're always making us laugh! It doesn't take much to make you smile or keep you entertained. You have developed a little whine that you do whenever you're told "no" or whenever you're bored, but most of the time it's too cute to get annoyed with! I'm surprised that you don't get frustrated easily. Overall I would describe you as laid back, easy going, silly, playful and sweet!

This month you have really gotten into Sesame Street. It comes on at 9am and you usually watch it around the time of your breakfast. You really like Elmo and Abby Cadabby the most! It's really pretty educational and I can tell that as you get older you'll like watching it even more. Another favorite is Barney, but not as much as Sesame Street.

Your most favorite toys this month have been your activity table, gumball machine and Little People. You love to dance and play the music on your table. You love the gumball machine because of the balls. You still love to shake things and love the balls that make noise. Your daddy also taught you how to bang them. I have your Little People in a tin and you love to take them in and out. If you continue this you'll be just like your Momma! I always preferred playing with small figurines rather than Barbies. You also love your baby dolls, which was another favorite of mine.

This month has been a big one in terms of your physical and cognitive development. You started army crawling and standing up. You also still like to roll.
Cognitively you have done so much! It started with giving kisses and understanding "no." Anytime we tell you "no" (or even if you just hear it) you'll automatically start shaking your head! Then you started responding to "how big is emma?" (one of my favorites!) and started signing "more."

Because of all of this development you're right on track in all areas.

You have changed SO much this month and it makes me sad and excited all in one! Words can't express how much we love you and how much you mean to us. You've been the best thing to happen to us and we look forward to seeing the little girl that you'll become!

No comments: