background

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day to Day Life


Because of the uncertainty of when I'll start work, and Tray starting back on the 6th, I wanted to do a day to day post about life at home during the summer.
Here we go!

Sunday we had a pretty lazy day with lots of playing and grocery shopping.  Obviously I didn't do a very good job of documenting. :)

Monday Emma woke up around 8:00 but I didn't get her from her crib until 8:30.  She wakes up pretty happy and will sit or lay in her crib quietly pondering life's toughest questions throwing her lovies around.  Sometimes she'll drift back to sleep so I usually wait until I know she's not going back to sleep.  
When I finally got her I nursed her and got her dressed for the day.  While I got ready she drank her milk and ate Cheerios while watching her fave, Sesame Street.



As soon as I got dressed we headed out to the hospital for Boob Group, which for all the older babies is more like playgroup.  It's the Breastfeeding Support Group at the hospital where Emma was born.  I started taking Emma when she was almost 2 weeks.  We haven't gone very much lately because it's usually her nap time, but since I don't know how many more we'll be able to go to, we went.  Emma had fun with all her friends while they ate snacks from each other's snack cups.  And from the floor.

As soon as we got home Emma was ready for her nap.  She didn't fall asleep until noon-ish because she played for a bit when we got home.  When she finally fell asleep I headed out to do a little solo shopping while Tray held down the fort.  She slept for a little over 2 hours and by the time I got home at 4:00 she had eaten lunch (hotdog and pesto pasta) and was playing.

We played and played and had lots of fun.  Emma took EVERYTHING out of her toy ottoman in the living room.  There were books, blocks and miniatures everywhere!
I started snacking on a banana, but somebody came begging.  She's become very independent lately, so she wouldn't let me hold the banana for her.


She also snacked on Cheerios, therefore the dogs also snacked on Cheerios.

We started cooking dinner around 5:30......and so began the witching hour.  Since we pushed her nap back because of group, she didn't take her normal afternoon nap and everyone was fully aware!  She would play for a little bit, whine a little bit, rinse and repeat.

We finally ate dinner around 6:30.  Emma enjoyed grilled chicken fajitas, broccoli, carrots and peas.  For dessert she destroyed some mango.

We finished dinner around 7:00 and then she played for a bit before bathtime.  During this time she either whines, plays really well or becomes delirious and just acts crazy!  Tonight it was whining and playing.

We finally went upstairs to take a bath around 7:30.  It was a quick bath because she was so tired.  With so much practice I've gotten bathtime down to 15 minutes, from fully clothed to in jammies and walking down the stairs.
I nursed her downstairs and then she said "night night" to Daddy and the dogs and she was in bed at 8:00.  Fifteen minutes later, she was out.

Tuesday coming up soon!

No comments: