background

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day to Day Life: Tuesday


Yesterday Emma woke up at 7:00.  Eleven hours at night seems to be her magic number.
 I went upstairs to feed her and we played for a little bit in her room until Tray went up there.  She gets so excited when she sees her Daddy!  Our floor creaks a tiny bit and even when Tray isn't home, if she hears a creak she'll look at the door and say "Dada?"

Anyways, Tray went out to run an errand, so Emma and I went downstairs to watch Sesame Street.  Since it was 8:00, I put on a recorded Sesame Street and Emma played and watched TV.  I haven't been putting her in the bouncer lately because I think she's outgrowing it.  Her legs are always red after being in there, so she enjoys freedom now while watching her show.  She was also snacking on Cheerios and drinking milk.  She had gone into the kitchen where I was and this is what I saw:


Crazy girl.

She wasn't really acting like she wanted breakfast, so I just gave her a little bit of leftover yogurt and she finished her milk and cereal.  The recorded SS ended so I changed it to PBS since it was 9:00 and that's when it normally comes on.  She started to get fussy and when she said "night night" I knew it was nap time.  By this time it was 9:15 so I changed her diaper and put her in her crib.  She went right to sleep.

She woke up around 11 and after getting her dressed we were all ready for a family date!
When we realized that Emma loved aquariums, we knew that the Downtown Aquarium was the perfect place to take her for a family day.  Tray and I had been years ago while we were engaged and hadn't been back since.
We packed a lunch for Emma and headed out right around noon.  I almost thought our date wouldn't happen because we hit not 1, but 2 roadblocks on the way there!  First it was an accident that had the main road shut down.  Then it was the Junior Olympics that were going on at Turner Stadium.  We finally made it towards the Beltway and needed to stop and grab something to eat.  It was around 12:20 and Tray decided on Chick-Fil-A.
 Yeah.
Put that time and restaurant together and you know what that means.  Luckily Tray decided to go in and they were super fast.  And they had free Cheerios sitting out so Tray grabbed a couple for Emma, which would come in handy later at the Aquarium.

We finally made it and found great, cheap parking.  By this time it was a little after 1:00 and it was super hot and packed, but as long as there were fish, Emma was happy!

This was the first thing we saw when we walked in.  For all Emma knew, this was the best place in the world and we could've just stayed there all day.  Lucky for her they had tons more!


She didn't look very happy in this picture because she wanted DOWN so she could look at the fish.


These next 2 pics are some of my faves.  She literally could have sat there for an hour if we let her.



She was mesmerized.

We let her walk along the edge and we got this face a lot.  Do you think she was happy?!


She kept trying to touch all of the fish.  Notice she's on her tippy toes and leaning over in this one.


Can you see what they're looking at?!
Yeah, that's a huge snake.
NO THANK YOU!


"hey mr. snake, the door is over there if you want to come out and play."


These little guys were my favorite.  That fish was so pretty with his teal and orange colors.  And the seahorses were so cute!


We thought the fish were Emma's favorite.

And so did she.

Until we saw these beautiful creatures.



She. Was. In. Awe.


And very, very happy!
She was saying "hi!" to everyone, including the "rawr"s, as she calls them.




Seriously, she cried the first time we tried to take her away.
So, we stayed.

We finally tore her away and made it outside to the carousel.
She started crying when we tried to put her on an alligator, so we sat.
Well, I did.  She stood, clearly unimpressed.



"seriously.  you took me away from the tigers, for this?"



We had heard that something was supposed to be going down at the tiger exhibit at 2:45, so we made our way back through and stopped for some pictures out front.



When we got back to the tiger exhibit they were both up and walking around.  There were A TON of people so I didn't get very good pictures.
Turns out they were about to switch out tigers.
We waited for a bit and were able to get a front row seat for all the action.  They layed out meat and chicken in random spots so Coral, the youngest of the 4 tigers, could find it.


There was some food right in front of us and it was so cool.


Seriously, I just want to cuddle with her!



After all the excitement it was time to head home.  It was so fun and exactly what we needed.
We have plans to go to the zoo at the end of September for my dad's company picnic, so I'm pretty sure Emma is going to want to move in when we get there.

We made it home at 4:00 and Emma got right to playing.  She took a 15 minute cat nap in the car, but by 4:45 she was ready for a late nap.  She didn't actually fall asleep until close to 5:30, but she was just talking to herself and relaxing so I left her up there.  I knew it would cause her to go to bed late, but I also knew that it would be disastrous if she didn't get a nap in.

I woke her up at 6:45 and she proceeded to be so silly and crazy that Tray and I were just looking at each other and shaking our heads.  She was crawling in circles around the living room and being so loud.  I love to see her like that!

We ate a late dinner at 7:45.  Emma had leftover chicken fajitas with black beans and corn.  She disappointed the dogs because she didn't share at all.  She was hungry!

I gave her a bath around 8:30 and put her to bed at 9:00.  She didn't actually fall asleep until closer to 9:30, but after that she was out!
  

No comments: