(so i know this post is almost 2 weeks late, but i'm determined to finish this day to day life series! plus, we had a big surprise for my mom planned for this week and emma also got sick, so i wanted to record all the details so i'll always remember. these are the days i'll quickly forget, but i'll also miss the most!)
So, Wednesday (August 1) started out like any other normal day.
Emma woke up at 8:00 and I went to get her from her crib at 8:30.
After nursing, a little play and a diaper change, we were downstairs in time to watch Sesame Street at 9:00.
She snacked on Cheerios and milk while watching her show.
This is how she chose to watch SS.
While she watches TV I'm usually eating breakfast and fiddling around on the computer.
At 10:00 she had a real breakfast of potato with egg and a banana.
She loves to eat bananas by herself now. She is also saying banana, which sounds more like "mabanama", but she says it like that every time!
By 10:30 she was asking for "night night", so I put her upstairs and she fell asleep around 10:50ish.
Whenever she naps I'll do any number of things. Sometimes I get some cleaning done, picking up, laundry or more computer time. BUT, most of the time I just veg out on the couch watching mindless TV. Just keeping it real. Oh, and I usually take a shower and get dressed during this time.
On this day she was up at 12:35. She likes to nurse when she wakes up and then we play in her room for a bit.
Lunch was from 1:45 to 2:30ish. Today she had chicken nuggets and black beans with corn.
After lunch we played downstairs. She usually gravitates towards her books and loves to get every single one out and look at it. She also likes playing with her farm door and has really started playing with it a lot more.
By 3:00 she was asking for "night night" again, so I put her in her room at 3:05.
She was up at 4:35 and we played on my phone in her room until 5:00.
Once downstairs it was a little more playing and then we headed out to run a few errands. We needed to prepare for a surprise weekend getaway so I headed to Target for snacks and then to look for a couple of things.
We were home by 6:30 and Emma played while we got dinner ready. Usually while we're getting dinner ready she's either reading or playing with her magnets on the dishwasher. I also give her Cheerios to snack on until dinner.
We ate at 7:00 and then bath was at 7:45.
We were done with bath and back downstairs at 8:10.
On this night Emma barely nursed and was acting tired so she was in bed at 8:20. She finally fell asleep around 8:45.
This was the beginning of her sickness and I didn't even know it.
We didn't go to bed until really late this night, so right before midnight I went to check on her. I knew something was up because as soon as she heard the floor creak she popped up and started to cry because she saw me. Since it had already been so long since I first thought she went to sleep, I knew she must not have really been asleep, which is very unlike her. Luckily I just nursed her a little and she went to sleep without a problem.
After midnight I kind of heard her off and on and I didn't sleep very well. At 2:00am I heard her all out crying so I went upstairs and realized she had a fever. At first I just thought she was warm, but then I realized it was fever. I didn't even attempt to take her temperature because it scares her, so I just gave her Tylenol. She wasn't really tired so we played for a few minutes before I put her in bed. She was whining off and on so I stayed up until 3:15am to make sure she was asleep. After that she woke up again at 5:30am, but I just nursed her and she slept until around 8:00am Thursday morning.
She had her 15 month well child visit at 11:00am Thursday morning, so I just had a feeling it was going to turn into a sick visit.
We were home by 6:30 and Emma played while we got dinner ready. Usually while we're getting dinner ready she's either reading or playing with her magnets on the dishwasher. I also give her Cheerios to snack on until dinner.
We ate at 7:00 and then bath was at 7:45.
We were done with bath and back downstairs at 8:10.
On this night Emma barely nursed and was acting tired so she was in bed at 8:20. She finally fell asleep around 8:45.
This was the beginning of her sickness and I didn't even know it.
We didn't go to bed until really late this night, so right before midnight I went to check on her. I knew something was up because as soon as she heard the floor creak she popped up and started to cry because she saw me. Since it had already been so long since I first thought she went to sleep, I knew she must not have really been asleep, which is very unlike her. Luckily I just nursed her a little and she went to sleep without a problem.
After midnight I kind of heard her off and on and I didn't sleep very well. At 2:00am I heard her all out crying so I went upstairs and realized she had a fever. At first I just thought she was warm, but then I realized it was fever. I didn't even attempt to take her temperature because it scares her, so I just gave her Tylenol. She wasn't really tired so we played for a few minutes before I put her in bed. She was whining off and on so I stayed up until 3:15am to make sure she was asleep. After that she woke up again at 5:30am, but I just nursed her and she slept until around 8:00am Thursday morning.
She had her 15 month well child visit at 11:00am Thursday morning, so I just had a feeling it was going to turn into a sick visit.



No comments:
Post a Comment