Time to finish this saga!
One of the main reasons I was so excited about my mom's birthday weekend in Wimberley was because we had arranged for a photographer to take family pictures on Friday night. She had been wanting to do family pictures for so long and with the recent addition of baby Andy, the timing was perfect.
I've been a follower of Jenni from Story of My Life for awhile now and she's an up and coming photographer. (Wait til you see the pics! She's already reached awesome photographer status in my book!) She takes amazing pictures of her dogs (and everything else) so I already knew she had an eye for photography. When she posted about starting a business I was at first bummed because we had already taken Emma's one year photos, but I was also really happy for her. Then we hatched the idea for my mom's birthday and I got super excited! Since Jenni's in Austin (not too far from Wimberley) I contacted her right away to take our pictures. I was so excited to meet her and naturally I was super bummed thinking we would have to cancel because of Emma. Jenni was super accomodating and so, so sweet with all of our craziness and changes and we were able to tentatively reschedule for Saturday night.
Luckily by Saturday morning Emma was doing much better and almost completely back to her normal self. Aside from the terrible bumps on her face and pretty much the rest of her body, she was pretty happy. We decided to give it a go and headed out to Wimberley.
Emma did great in the car on the way there, but we pushed our luck by making a pit stop at the outlets in San Marcos.
Big. Mistake.
And it wasn't even tax free weekend.
Big. Mistake.
And it wasn't even tax free weekend.
I was happy though because I found the one thing I was looking for, a backpack for Emma. I literally got the last one at Pottery Barn Kids.
Anyways, Wimberley was another 25 minutes from the outlets and I sat in the back with Emma singing to her to keep her happy.
Once we got to the awesome house that we had rented, we had some time before pictures and Emma enjoyed playing.
The pictures turned out absolutely perfect and I'm SO glad we were able to make it!
Seriously, best experience ever.
If you're ever in the Austin area and want pictures, Jenni is your girl! Her photography business doesn't have a webpage yet, but you can look her up on Facebook, J. Noel Photography.
Once we got to the awesome house that we had rented, we had some time before pictures and Emma enjoyed playing.
The pictures turned out absolutely perfect and I'm SO glad we were able to make it!
Seriously, best experience ever.
If you're ever in the Austin area and want pictures, Jenni is your girl! Her photography business doesn't have a webpage yet, but you can look her up on Facebook, J. Noel Photography.
This is how my mom was greeted upon arriving at the house. (minus the Saunders Family)
I LOVE this picture of the birthday girl!
This is the best shot of the grandbabies with Nanis and Pipa.........
.........because the rest looked like this! Ha!
I'm also in love with this picture of the 2 Andys.
We each took some family shots. Jenni worked the Photoshop magic and was able to take away Emma's bumps on her chin. They were BAD!
The Ham Family
The Ghobrial's
My parents. Love them!
The Campos Family
My mom with the sons she always wanted.
This picture cracks me up!
The most important pictures were the WHOLE family. We will all cherish these pictures forever.
This is my favorite picture of my parents.
I. Can't. Get. Enough.
Love it!
****************
Before we left Wimberley I noticed that my throat started to hurt just a tad every time I swallowed. My head also felt really congested, but we were in the Hill Country. I just chalked it up to the elevation changes and being stressed and lack of sleep. We made it home at 12:30am Sunday morning and we all slept great.
Sunday during the day we headed to Tray's parents to pick up the dogs. I felt fine headed over there, minus my throat still hurting.
Once we got to his parents house though, it was over.
I didn't realize it, but I had a 102 fever and felt like crap. I was shaking because I was freezing and I could barely keep my eyes open. It was B.A.D.
That night Tray looked in my throat and saw what we thought were sores on each side of my throat. We weren't sure because I had my tonsils taken out so we thought it could be the scars. My fever was still 101 and didn't move much.
It just got worse from there and by Monday I definitely had sores in my throat and my feet started tingling every time I took a step.
Basically, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease is the most contagious from the time of contact to the time of symptoms beginning, usually 3-5 days. This is how I got it from Emma because I didn't know she had it and it took a few days for my symptoms to show. Everything I read online said adults weren't as susceptible to it, but they could definitely get it.
Also, the sores on children are NOT itchy, but yay for me, in adults they are EXTREMELY itchy.
So, I had sores all in my mouth and throat, some on my hands and mainly ALL OVER my feet. I couldn't sleep for 2 nights because NOTHING took away the itch. It hurt every time I walked and the tips of my fingers were tingly. OH, and the sometimes excruciating pain of swallowing.
By Wednesday Emma's chin was almost completely healed (the first sores to appear) and everything got better from there. It lasted about a week in both of us. I lost a toenail from it and Emma is on the way to losing a finger nail.
What a lovely side effect.
All in all the pictures are amazing, Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease sucks and now we're all happy!
(sorry mom!)
























1 comment:
Sorry about the HF&M but the pictures are AWESOME!
Post a Comment